What would you do? I think villains range is TT+,KQ,AK, AJ AQ

Ronald WarrenRonald Warren Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
Dealt to Hero:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.8 BB, MP+1 calls 2.8 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to 9.4 BB, Hero raises to 31.5 BB, fold, BB raises to 108.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 77 BB

Flop (220.3 BB, 2 players):

Turn (220.3 BB, 2 players):

River (220.3 BB, 2 players):

BB wins 209.3 BB

BB shows:

(One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 82%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)

Hero shows:

(One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)

2.4 BB was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

Comments

• Ronald WarrenRonald Warren Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    I felt it was a long term winning play, I had somewhere around 44% equity even against a stronger range than I listed. Good or bad?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably just flat QQ preflop vs a squeeze that looks like pure value. Only 3x raise vs EP with a caller in the middle? He wants you to at least call.

Once you 4bet and BB 5bet his range is likely KK+ AKs+ so QQ isn't doing well. As more money goes in the pot, the ranges become more narrow. His 3bet and 5 bet range should not be the same.

In some games you can 4bet QQ to around 24bb here and fold to 5bet. You still have position over the BB. No need to risk more than you have to.
  • Ronald WarrenRonald Warren Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Austin, when I had AA this same player 4bet shoved 33, I agree should have flatted but that is somewhat results oriented. I have checked the EV of the call against the top of the villain's range and I had 44% equity if I include his total range my equity is much higher. I think I mostly agree with you but the money would likely have went in on the flop anyway.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Austin, when I had AA this same player 4bet shoved 33, I agree should have flatted but that is somewhat results oriented. I have checked the EV of the call against the top of the villain's range and I had 44% equity if I include his total range my equity is much higher. I think I mostly agree with you but the money would likely have went in on the flop anyway.

I think you may have missed the point. Also you said you think vilains range is TT+, now your saying he shoved 33 earlier.

If he is 4 betting and 5 betting that wide than Its an easy 4 bet and get it in. In general when someone 3bets vs EP from the blinds its super polarized to KK+, AK+, A3s-A5s. When you 4bet and V 5bets your left with KK+ AK+.Now QQ isn't looking so good.

I'm not saying flat the 3bet to be result oriented. Flatting is standard 1) to keep your calling range strong 2) to keep villains bluffs in.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file