2NL hand analysis

pokerdj4pokerdj4 NYRed Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
WPN, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $2.53 (126.5 bb)
CO: $2.23 (111.5 bb)
BTN: $2.67 (133.5 bb)
SB: $2.27 (113.5 bb)
Hero (BB): $2.06 (103 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Theart4.gif Tclub4.gif
MP folds, CO calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.17

How is this play pre? I am OOP with a decent hand, I do not think that I can 4 bet this hand for value nor as a bluff so I elect to call the 3bet from the IP player. I feel that my calling range is stronger than his limp/3bet range.

Flop: ($0.51) 5heart4.gif 8heart4.gif 7club4.gif (2 players)
Hero bets $0.36, CO raises to $1.98 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.45 and is all-in

I decide to lead and then call the all in because I figure Vil does not have any sets in his range. He does have over pairs and also flush draws so when I configured his raising range to my all in calling range, my eq was roughly 46%. And I am getting 32% pot odds.

Vil all in range= 99+, AQs+
Hero all in calling range= 77-JJ, T9s, AJs+

Turn: ($4.13) Kheart4.gif (2 players, 2 are all-in)
River: ($4.13) Qdiamond4.gif (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $4.13 pot ($0.20 rake)
Final Board: 5heart4.gif 8heart4.gif 7club4.gif Kheart4.gif Qdiamond4.gif
CO showed Kspade4.gif Kclub4.gif and won $3.93 ($1.87 net)
Hero showed Theart4.gif Tclub4.gif and lost (-$2.06 net)

How do you think that hero played this hand and what spots do you believe could be improved?

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Villain limped reraise preflop, what range do you give him? Why do you donk bet?
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 176 ✭✭
    I think that limp/reraises are strong 90% of the time. So I would give Villain a range that is more like KK+ and a random AJo, that's it.
    In addition, I would not recommend leading out here :)
  • pokerdj4pokerdj4 NYRed Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    Villain limped reraise preflop, what range do you give him? Why do you donk bet?

I gave Vil a range of 99+ AQs+ pre. I suppose I should have tightened that up because he limp, reraised and to combine AcefromspaceKK that is usually strong like KK+ AJo. Though I may even take out the AJo because I do not believe a micro stakes player would have AJo as a bluff here.

I decided to donk because I did believed Vil to have to wide of a limp, reraising range and had a lot of flush draw combos. Though I do see that if I break it down, KK has 6 combos and AA has 6 for 12 overpair value combos. His flush draw combos of AQs+ would equal only 2 combos. So working it out this way, I do see now that I am behind.

Thank you for the questions and information.
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 176 ✭✭
    That AJo was a random example, it could be anything :)
  • Muel294Muel294 Liverpool, EnglandRed Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    as a rule of thumb I generally expect anyone who limp raises to be primarily be doing it for value with QQ+ and AK+. If we see anyything different we can make notes and adjust OR if we notice a high limp/reraise % in any stats we can also adjust accordingly.

I think it would be a smaller mistake to fold our TT to a worse hand, than to call 3b's wider OOP.

I hope you made a note on this particular player as you can exploit him very easily as his value hands will be face up when he does this.

Just make a note: "villain limp 3b's w/ QQ+" or something similar and then just stick it in his grid with KK+ everytime.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file