THAT hand

SicSemperSicSemper Red Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
For anyone who caught the last hand before the final table: Anyone laying down kings in that spot?

Anyone think he deserved it for flatting?

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am folding KK there. This is the one spot you can fold KK. You have 68bb remaining, plenty of play left with one player likely to lose and a couple other short stacks below you. No one severely short, but still. Do you think the initial raiser would jam AK or QQ to iso someone who shoved all in for 40bb on the bubble. He would usually welcome the call to have two hands against one to bust the bubble. AA and KK are the only hands that would shove in that spot.

He's left with 13bb so mtt life is not over.
    Someone on 2+2 did ICM and found you can only call AA in that spot. Doug Polk did a video saying KK can be a call, but utg would have to be shoving TT+ AQs+ to make KK profitable. He then goes onto say he would likely fold JJ in that spot himself, so KK becomes a fold.
  • SicSemperSicSemper Red Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
    I saw the Polk vid. I'm not sure I could toss KK as played when it looks like a squeeze from Zhu and a range from Manion that can be something like JJ+, AK, maaaaaybe AQs. If Labat three bets the kings and then that action happens it might let some more doubt creep in. Nasty spot.
    I think Zhu probably chose the worse line to avoid any tough decisions.

If it goes like this:

Utg open 1.5M
    Next guy calls
    Zhu 3bets to 5.25M
    Utg 4bets to 11.5M
    Now middle guy jams
    Zhu can now fold

Example 2
    Utg opens 1.5m
    Utg1 3bets 4M
    Zhu 4bets 8M
    Utg 5bets all in

What do you do now? What other hands are 5 betting here when you hold KK?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file