0.10$/0/.20$Blinds 120 Effective BBs
Hero is on the CO with :Ah :Kd
Folds to me and i open to 0.60$
Button calls, Villain on the SB calls and BB also calls
4 ways to the flop (Pot is 2,40$)
The Flop comes :
:Kc :Qd :Tc
Villain leads out for 2,00$
BB folds and button folds his cards before i act, so we are practically Heads up

I call with top pair, top kicker,
but I'm not sure what his range consists of. Villain is a reg player, who definitely doesnt play too loose, Im thinking he would lead out with Two pairs or a hand with a Jack, which draws to the nuts. I dont think he has a set here, because he would have Re-raised me on the flop with KK, QQ or TT. He could also be semi-bluffing with a nut flush draw, but at this point I am very confused why he would lead instead of checking. I thought he could also have a weak King, which he tries to protect.

Heads up to the Turn ( Pot is 6,40$ )
Turn comes : :6h
Villain bets again for 4,00$
Hero calls again, because none of his bluffs improved and basically i still think I'm ahead of his range.
Pot is 14,40$
River comes : :8c
So the board completes : :Kc :Qd :Tc :6h :8c

Villain bets once again for 8,00$, which makes the pot 22,40$
So i get about 3:1 to call

So i excluded AJ from his range, because he is most likely going to trap with it on the flop, or wait for a check-raise.

I also dont think he would lead like that with a Nut flush draw for the same reason.
So i am thinking his range mostly consists of missed straight draws or weak Kings
I do decide to call and he shows :Kh :7h , so basically a weak King

However, my question is how can i construct a Donk lead range for my opponent on this flop and could i have done something different, for example raise on the flop, was this even a good call on the river or the turn? I ran the math for the range which i thought he would be on and i got +6 EV, but Im not sure if I am constructing his range properly.

Thank you for your attention and ill be happy to read your responses!

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,032 -
    I think your overall construction idea is pretty solid Kurti!

What I would suggest as a next-step is to plug V's proposed range into Flopzilla and see how your AK performs equity-wise on a variety of runouts. Then ask yourself "what would raising at any point in the hand do?" and "how many runouts am I folding on if V fires all 3 streets?"
  • SixthStreetSixthStreet Red Chipper Posts: 254 ✭✭
    what is age of your opponent? My game Besides one gal I am the youngest at 51 rest mid 60 +. I proposed a question like this on here. The info I got back about player types that are old school poker players. This donk play in my home game is usually made by the same two older players. Over 70% of time, because they also like to show. It is top pair weak kicker or middle pair good kicker which could help with straight. They trying to fold out the draws. I call them down with TPTK or 2P all day just watch draws. I believe in my game I am only person who will barrel my FD or SD's.
    So depending on board, your image and your notes on player decide what gets you most value out of hand. Use flopzilla to figure in some bluffs also. Remember we all have scare cards we hate. Use them to your advantage.
  • In The DarkIn The Dark Red Chipper Posts: 211 ✭✭
    . This donk play .... is top pair weak kicker or middle pair good kicker.

THIS ^^^

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file