Live Small Stakes Tournament Line Check

OmegaOmega ChicagoRed Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hero: 5,000 chips (effective stack), UTG+1: KdQc

Blinds are 25/50 Pre-Flop (75): UTG limp (UTG is a very loose passive player), Hero raises to 150, button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

[Is KQo too loose of an open in early position here? Definitely near the bottom of the range otherwise.]

Flop (625): 9s 9c 7d. BB check, UTG check, Hero bets 300, button folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

[Is this a bad spot to c-bet bluff with 3 opponents? I was thinking that this was a good spot with a dry board and my early position range, but obviously would prefer less opponents.]

Turn (1,225): 2h. BB check, Hero checks back

River (1,225): Jc. BB bets 600. Hero folds.

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,030 -
    I probably fold pre, although I suspect the majority recommendation would be for a slightly bigger raise.

Paired boards are usually decent for c-betting, but 997 isn't the best. Against 3 opponents there's gonna be a lot of gutshots and other nonsense that comes along here. So I'd likely check.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preflop at 100bb I do prefer a larger iso raise 200-250. KQo bottom of the range for sure.

Flop goes four ways on 997, easy spot to check fold. You don't have much back door equity here and being one and done four ways is burning money. Save your cbet for larger raise preflop. If I had a part of my range I wanted to cbet here say J10s, I would size it to about 1\3 pot 200.
  • OutlierOutlier Red Chipper Posts: 158 ✭✭
    I think preflop is fine because you will definitely be called by plenty worse. Unless this is some big buy in tournament, I wouldn't be surprised to see all K-x suited in your opponents' calling ranges. I personally would have raised to 200 over one limper, but I don't think that would have changed opponents' calling ranges in this case.

Because bet and pot sizes are still small compared to effective stacks, I think you will be called pretty wide on the flop so I agree with other posters that this is a check-fold flop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file