Scared vs pros in wsop monster stack

Stomper13Stomper13 Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
So this year I decided to go check out the wsop and fire a bullet at the monster stack.
After a rough hand in early level that left me with 6k in chips I worked my way back up to about 35k by level 9 not great but not the worst lol. Anyway at the start of the 9th level I get moved to a table with some pros one of which was Dan Ott. I was so scared and nervous I let them run me over it was bad. How do you guys deal with this mental aspect. Does it just get better over time.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,400 -
    If I recognize some hot shot it probably means I know more about their game than they know about mine. Not a bad spot.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Stomper13Stomper13 Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    I never thought about it that way I will keep that in mind for the next time.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why @PBF_Prodigy preaches playing GTO or a set of ranges, then adjust exploitably as you develop history or some type of dynamic. Stick to a robotic forum of play, play your game and adjust after. You don't really even have to really adjust to show a profit long run, only to maximize profits.
  • Stomper13Stomper13 Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    That's one thing I need to work on is gto theory and execution of gto. I see a point to both comments on here so far but I like the robotic play better till you gain some history or insight of a player. Problem is I lack in that area big time lol.
    Stomper13 wrote: »
    I get moved to a table with some pros one of which was Dan Ott. I was so scared and nervous I let them run me over it was bad. How do you guys deal with this mental aspect.

When I had a very recognizable name playing online as a Cardrunners pro, I actually went out of my way to not run people over who recognized me because they expected fancy play. Instead, I tightened up and played surprisingly straightforward and people leveled off in spots they had no business being in.

Third level exploitative adjustment, nice.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    Or I just throw rock. Good ol' rock. Nothing beats rock.

Oh sweet, poor, predictable Prodigy. I like the depolarization almost as much as the reference.
    I'm impressed by the seamless transitions between Wutang Clan and The Simpsons.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file