Hand #7

Mark FlemingMark Fleming Red Chipper Posts: 76 ✭✭
Preflop: I'm chip leader in BB with two limpers in front. I raise to 4.5BB. I'm doing this knowing my table image is Solid TAg, and that raising OOP would be viewed as strength and that my stack size is intimidating. So I have widened my range considerably and would have made this raise with PP, SC and Ax. My range is 42% (562) AA-22,AKo-A2o,KQo-K9o,QJo-Q9o,JTo-J9o,T9o,98o,87o,76o,65o,AKs-A2s,KQs-K2s,QJs-Q8s,JTs-J8s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s-86s,76s-75s,65s-64s,54s-53s,43s.

Both Limpers call.

Flop :Kd:7c:3c
Less than ¼ of my combos connect with this flop, 117 combos out of 504. I'm CB all my Kx, AA, and all Ax of clubs. I checking everything else 23.4% (117) AA-KK,77,33,AKo,KQo-K9o,AKs,KQs-K2s,AcQc,AcJc,AcTc,Ac9c,Ac8c,Ac6c,Ac5c,Ac4c,Ac2c,QcJc,QcTc,Qc9c,Qc8c,JcTc,Jc9c,Jc8c,Tc9c,Tc8c,9c8c,8c6c,6c5c,6c4c,5c4c.

I bet 7BB and BU calls

Turn :8d
I don't have QQ nor Td9d in my range. I'd CB with AA, sets and Kx but check lesser flush draws.

I bet 18BB and the button folds.

Comments

• PeanutBoyPeanutBoy CanadaRed Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    What would your default range be for raising from the big blind against a pair of limpers? Would you consider widening that range in these circumstances and if so, to what extent? What is the weakest starting hand of each category that would you raise with here?
    Pocket Pairs 55
    Suited Connectors 65s
    Ace-X A2s, ATo

This is a nice spot to attack some weak limps and put pressure on the UTG opener considering ICM situation and the fact that there is another limper on the button. I would raise with a decent range including a lot of suited gappers and all of my suited Aces as blockers. Although there are other considerations to take into account, both villain in the hand have a somewhat tight range so even though they are limping I can expect them to show up with a somewhat decent hand and when they call I want to have hands that can flop well. I will also be OOP for the hand and that also forces me to have a greater hand strength. The fact that I am also in the BB and can take a free flop means that the hands I raise with here with should have a tighter range. Here is my raising range.

Raise(19%): AA-55,AKo-ATo,KQo-KJo,QJo,AKs-A2s,KQs-K9s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s-97s,87s,76s,65s

Both limpers call preflop. There are 3 players to a 14.6BB flop

flop: Kd7c3c

How well does your preflop raising range connect with this flop? Have a look in Flopzilla. What percentage of your preflop range are you going to CBet with when you are out of position against 2 opponents? Are you more likely to check or CBet with:

KJ check
    TT check
    A♥Q♣ Bet

All things considered this is a pretty dry board. When my opponent calls I expect them to have some kings with weak kickers here, suited connectors( flush draws), low suited aces and low pocket pairs. This is a great spot to apply pressure with a lot of my range. I would elect to raise with a least 70% of my range here and expect villain to fold way to much. A half pot bet size would be enough to put them in a danger zone to being short stack witch is something they are very wary of. I would check some top pairs and with hands that have picked up value but are marginal at best like second pairs, I would also check back my top set of KKs even if there is a flush draw I want to get more value out of it and expect too much folds when I bet out with them.

Raise(76%):AA,77-55,AKo-ATo,KQo,QJo,AKs-A8s,A6s-A2s,KQs,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s-T8s,98s,65s,Ad7d,KcJc,KcTc,Kc9c,9d7d,8d7d,7d6d
    check(24%):KK-88,KJo,Ah7h,As7s,KhJh,KsJs,KhTh,KsTs,Kh9h,Ks9s,9h7h,9s7s,8h7h,8s7s,7h6h,7s6s

Only the button calls your flop bet. There are 2 players to a 28.6BB turn

turn:Kd7c3c8d

Divide your hands into two parts: those you are prepared to continue with and those you wish to give up with. You do not have the luxury of observing the button’s action first. What is your plan with these hands:

QQ check
    AA bet
    T♦9♦bet

We have encountered some resistance on the flop but because this is a limped pot we can expect our opponent to have either a weak king a flush draw or sometimes connected with a set witch we are going to lose chips against no matter what. I would still elect to raise with at least 70% of my range, I think it is very hard for villain to continue here with a lot of his flush draws, he's just not getting the right price for it and any second pairs have to fold and we are putting a lot of pressure on weak kings.

Raise(75%): AA,77,AKo-ATo,KQo,AKs-A9s,A6s-A4s,A2s,KQs,T9s,65s,Ac8c,Ad7d,Ad3d,KcJc,KcTc,Kc9c,QcJc,QdJd,QcTc,QdTd,Qc9c,Qd9d,JcTc,JdTd,Jc9c,Jd9d,Tc8c,9c8c,9d7d,7d6d
    check(25%): 66-55,QJo,Ah8h,As8s,Ah3h,As3s,QhJh,QsJs,QhTh,QsTs,Qh9h,Qs9s,JhTh,JsTs,Jh9h,Js9s,Th8h,Ts8s,9h8h,9s8s

The button folds to your bet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file