Interesting live read?

RisingDoughRisingDough Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
So this may or may not be interesting to you all.

Live 1/2 game and we have :As :9C: in the bb in a limped pot. The flop comes :Ah :9d :6h and the sb leads for $5 into an $8 pot. I make it $20 to go from the bb and then the button rips it in for $135! The sb gets out of the way and I know everyone will just say snap call. I am one that likes to consider live reads and in this particular spot I think I know I was calling the whole time but maybe pry for some information that can be used later in session. I did not know this villain only that he had been playing pretty tight thus far. I started talking to him a bit and I asked him if he had a set of sixes? He shook his head "no" in a very honest fashion. Now you can take this a couple of ways...eliminate a set of sixes and it's an even easier call however it made me think Why is he giving me this information, he is voluntarily reducing some of his nut range which makes me think he must be even closer to the top of his range? Maybe I'm just completely over thinking 1/2 but I found it interesting. Thoughts?

Best Answers

Answers

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,388 -
    A quick no here frequently means a hand stronger than the one you asked about. That said the betting action to date really doesn't make a lot of sense if he has 99 or AA. So I'd call.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    A quick no here frequently means a hand stronger than the one you asked about. That said the betting action to date really doesn't make a lot of sense if he has 99 or AA. So I'd call.

Yes... and...

There are other things that it could mean, and we don't have anything reliable to determine whether it means a better hand, a hand that he thinks is ahead, a hand that wants a call (e.g., T9h), or a hand that wants a fold.

I would only read that he doesn't have 66. Other than that, there's enough uncertainty that I'm not going to base my decision on it.

We do both agree, though, that there aren't enough hands that beat Hero when removing 66 for Hero to fold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file