How was my line with 88?

David HainesDavid Haines Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭

Level 16 8k-16k a4k

Folds to me in the sb I shove with A5off, B.B. called with KQ off. Win with ace high.

286k at 27 players, final 3 table redraw

In the bb for 16k, CO raises to 40k (I have some history with this player, we came from the same table. Earlier in the tourny I watched him shut down to aggression, he 3 bet and folded to a 4 bet twice. He also cbet every pot he opened.)
Folds to me in bb, look at 8c8s. My thoughts were I didn’t want to call the raise just to fold if I don’t hit the flop. I thought he could be somewhat strong but thought maybe I could get him to fold hands like AQ,AJ,A10,KQ,99, or maybe even JJ, 1010, maybe AK. He is obviously calling with AA,KK,QQ, maybe even with AK witch I am flipping against. I decide my best line is to shove for my 16bb’s (250k ish). He tanks for about half a minute and calls with QhQc.
Pot 550k
Flop 9s7s5s. On this flop my money is going in, just wondering if the pre flop shove is the right line.
Brick the turn and river.

Out 26th out of 377

Thanks

Comments

• AkashicAkashic Red Chipper Posts: 67 ✭✭
    It depends on what opening range % you assign to this player from the cutoff. From reading your post, it appears that your opponent would fold the majority of his range to a 3-bet. In that case, nothing wrong with the line. It just didn't workout this time.

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy shove given CO open vs BB formation. Not sure how wide you can shove here, but if he is tank calling with QQ I assume its a pretty wide shove range

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file