tough spot but not sure if it should have been.

MediocreDegenerateMediocreDegenerate Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
About 3 hrs into my 1/2 game that identifies as 2/5.

Relevant stacks:

HJ: (sticky limper)$290
CO: Hero - $750
BTN: (solid TAG) - $600

UTG straddles to $4.
UTG + 1, HJ Calls
Hero bets $16 with :Kd :Qd
BTN 3 bets to $60
UTG, HJ call
Hero calls

Flop
:5d :3d :5c

Checks to BTN

Btn bets $130

HJ Shoves for $230

Hero:????

Comments

• Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭
    Think we have to put it in
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two players both cold call a 3bet. What do you think they have?

Btn continuation bets into 3 players (4 way pot) in a 3bet pot. You block QQ and KK, so likely JJ or AA.

If BTN has :AD: :AH: your in bad shape or if one of the limpers has a hand like :AD: :TD:Btn your drawing very slim.

Despite the odds I think you have to fold. Can't really rep any 5s. Maybe 33 if you iso that hand.

Flop ($240) 5d 3d 5c
    Btn ($540) bets 130
    Utg+1 folds????
    HJ all in 230
    Hero ?

*note if you flat call btn can't raise. There is $600 in the pot and $230 to call, fold, or raise.

If you call btn has $310 effective on the turn with $930 in the pot, so you will be getting 4:1 if he shoves. Or think of implied odds on the flop calling $230 to win $1010 ($230 short stack + $540 btn + $240 pot).

I see this as break even at best due to reverse implied odds of ace high flush or btn making a boat. If he has black aces and :AD: comes you still lose.
  • VegaVega Red Chipper Posts: 31 ✭✭
    @Christian Soto
    You mind explaining your thoughts on the shove when you have time? It would help me a lot. :)
    Vega wrote: »
    @Christian Soto
    You mind explaining your thoughts on the shove when you have time? It would help me a lot. :)

I mean, it’s not a slam dunk either way. But I am leaning towards a shove.

... I am going to assume that Button has some bluffs or at least hands that he will make an error with facing a lot of action.

So example, does he bet/call it off with JJ or AK?

(This also isn’t counting just bluffs he has to fold)

Our hand has a lot of equity and yes like @Austin said we can be up against the nut FD but we can also sometimes make JJ fold from BU and be up against JTdd and be in great that happens too. Or make AK fold and be up against 99 and be a favorite with an overlay.
  • VegaVega Red Chipper Posts: 31 ✭✭
    It seems like it comes down to whether the HJ would have limped with JJ-TT and shoved on the flop. Which gets you in the 30% range. If not, that pretty much leaves Axdd and also A5s for trips. Which isn't a good time.
    I'm just confused how btn got 2 cold callers one with a short stack. Idk what hands he would limp call with.

Also not sure how often BTN folds even JJ after putting in $190 with $410 behind. Hero would likely 4bet QQ+ given the action, so most likely hand would be a flush draw for hero. Maybe something like A5s or 65s.

I'm taking low variance route and folding despite getting one of the better flops for hero's hand.
  • MediocreDegenerateMediocreDegenerate Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited August 13
    I did fold here

Btn called showed :Ah :Ks

HJ had :Jd :Js

Turn: :Qc

River: :6d

I absolutely need to work on my hand reading because you were spot on with the ranges ect. It was good to see a little back and forth because I was feeling pretty dumb for being on the fence.
    I did fold here

Btn called showed :Ah :Ks

HJ had :Jd :Js

Turn: :Qc

River: :6d

I absolutely need to work on my hand reading because you were spot on with the ranges ect. It was good to see a little back and forth because I was feeling pretty dumb for being on the fence.

Only way to play JJ and that is over limp and cold call a raise, hope for a low flop and shove LOL.

This must be one of the guys that says "I hate playing JJ I can never win."

These players seem so bad! Or maybe I'm just a fish who doesn't cbet AK without a diamond.

It's almost like @Christian Soto was at the table and witnessed the hand LOL.
  • MediocreDegenerateMediocreDegenerate Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    @Austin not sure if they are bad or not, I know i am not good, but I am learning the error of my ways.

It is a crazy 1/2 game... last 4 sessions were

Plus 1200
    Plus 200
    Minus 600
    Plus 1000
    @Austin not sure if they are bad or not, I know i am not good, but I am learning the error of my ways.

It is a crazy 1/2 game... last 4 sessions were

Plus 1200
    Plus 200
    Minus 600
    Plus 1000

not sure why you share this, but looks like your running really hot. +1800 over 4 sessions average 2.25 buyins per session is no small achievement.
    Austin wrote: »

It's almost like @Christian Soto was at the table and witnessed the hand LOL.

Lmao! I’m an old dog now 🐕

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file