Jesse LaMontagneJesse LaMontagne Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited August 2018 in Online Poker Hands
aug 11 75,000 GTD $55 Buy -In
Blinds 1,000/2,000
UTG +1 (43,230) Opens for 5,300
Hero MP (22,196) Effective - Jams All-In Ah Qc
BB (29,743) Rejams over the top 9h 9d
UTG+1 Folds
I dont have a HUD ( I am going to take care of that issue very soon) And was recently switched to this table with no reads on either villian pre flop as ive never played hands with them other than 1 1/2 orbits havent seen either showdown.

Flop - Ac 3c Jd
Turn -Jh
River- 9c

We are just one level past late reg at this point so no more rebuys into the tourney. Can we play our hand differently here? Can we find a fold pre flop? Should I just flat the initial raiser is the jam the correct decision? Not sure the most +EV play here . Any help or input Id truly appreciate. Thanks .

Comments

• AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    Good shove on 11bb, don't be results orientated.
    Good luck :)
  • Jesse LaMontagneJesse LaMontagne Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    That's definitely the mindset I am trying to stay on . Thanks for the input I'm new to all the math side of poker so I'm really trying to nail down spots like these so in the future I can use less brain computing power in high stress moments.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question becomes how wide can you shove this spot? Is AQo the bottom or can you shove wider? At what stack depth does AQo become a call instead of a jam?

http://www.holdemresources.net

I know @TheGameKat has a series coming up and may be able to get a discount on the above link.

Let us know what you find? Your hand is an easy jam! Figure out a whole range you can jam here. Also explore other stack depths so you don't get this short..if your flatting raises below 20bb you might be leaking money.
    thanks for that detailed look at it. I never really pondered what the bottom of my range would look like there, thays a really solid point and one I need to know. And also you're 100% right that I didn't factor what other stack depths I can spy this thinking too. That gives me some great homework . I truly appreciate that
    Also @Austin I fully plan on doing that work and reporting back on what I can come up with in those spots and will post back on this thread. I will be busy in the upcoming weeks but will do my best to squeeze that in my time . Again thank you for the feedback its greatly appreciated.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also @Austin I fully plan on doing that work and reporting back on what I can come up with in those spots and will post back on this thread. I will be busy in the upcoming weeks but will do my best to squeeze that in my time . Again thank you for the feedback its greatly appreciated.

That's why we join training sites, to improve our games. Closed mouths don't get fed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file