Hand 8

Troy HTroy H Red Chipper Posts: 36 ✭✭
Terrible opponent and nit limp, we are in the small blind with eff. stacks at $785 for our target (Mr. Terrible). I am guessing that since Mr. Terrible limps and it says that he is loose, he is loose post-flop. We raise $40. Therefore I am completing with small pocket pairs, and raising hands like KJ and AT. We are also raising JTs to set up stacks if we hit 2p+.

Mr. Terrible is probably limping pretty wide, so I adopt a wider opening range:
77+, A2s+, KTs+, QTs+, 98s+, QJo+, KJo+, and ATo.
16%, 212 combos

Solid LAG in BB 3bets to $100 and Mr. Terrible and Nit fold, hero 4bets to $250

I believe V a Solid Lag, he will have some (not a lot because this is still 2/5) hands where he 3bets light, thus we will need a couple hands to 4b light with given the stacks. I will 4b AK, QQ, but fold TT. I will call JJ (this might be slightly nitty).

FLOP: :Ah :Td :7c
QQ+, AK, AQs.
62.5%, 30 combos.

I am more likely to check KK and TPTK (including AQ). We do not have air in this hand (KQo). Once again, maybe a little too nitty...

BB bets $200 and we call:
I am calling 100% of the range above. Not sure if I should be folding QQ or not.

TURN: :9d.
100% of range we are checking. The reasoning is because there is only 1 more bet left, and if we have a value hand, then we can get it in on the river if Villain checks turn. We balance with the hands we are going to give up with on the turn if he bets. If he bets and we are going with the hand, we shove.

Villain bets $400
We are going to continue with all TP+ hands by shoving and dumping anything else. I don't see why we would call and then donk lead turn with a strong hand.

Thoughts?

Comments

• AP07AP07 Red Chipper Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Preflop range: 10.5% 140 combos
    AA-77 AK-A10, KQ, KJs, QJs, J10s

This spot is a mixed bag. We're happy to iso the fish and nit limped late pos so he's folding but we can just wait one hand for the button and we've got danger to our left. So I'd be looking to get involved but not too wide.

As feared, we get 3 bet. I hate the $250 sizing as he's not often folding for that price so we need to be ready to play for stacks.

4bet range: 48 combos 33%

Given our opponent and position we are folding 46 combos at minimum. We can fold more due to our positional disadvantage but we're risking get run over.

Our 4bets are AA KK QQ JJ AK AQs and KJs. All value except 4 combos of KJs which just doesnt work as a flat and has good blockers.

FLOP: :Ah :Td :7c

We are going to fire all AK AQ combos for value and continue bluffing with KJ. 45% of our range is JJ-KK and we are hating life but I dont think we're getting any value and never getting an ace to fold so we're gonna check and hang on for dear life. The good news is we have 3 combos of top set to put in our checking range in hopes he goes aggro.

When he bets $200 we're pretty sick but I think we're just folding JJ and calling the rest. We could raise our sets but I prefer flat with this board and opponent.

TURN: :9d.
    We're checking the whole range here.

When villain bets $400, we have to fold QQ. KK is tough. We've shown a lot of weakness so we've induced enough bluffs from this player type that I think we'll have to call down.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file