Plo tourney

humpsterhumpster Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
Final table $22 PLO tourney. I'm in seat 1 with 1.7 Milly. Seat2 has 1.8 mil. Seat 3 250k seat 4 300k seat5 750k and seat 6 2.5 million.
Payouts are 1st 680, 2nd 425, 3rd 250, 4th 135, 5th 80, 6th 44.
It's folded to me in sb. I have :Ac :Kc :Ad :Td . Blinds are 25k / 50k. I raise to 150k , bb calls. Flop comes :Ah :Qh :Js
This is where I make a big mistake with my thought process. I decide that there is no way I'm getting away from this hand. With 3 aces and the nut straight, it seems like the perfect situation. I bet half pot and the villian calls. Turn is 3 h. I bet small and he raises the maximum more or less committing me. River is a blank and I check and he puts me all in. I have 250k left and call. He had :Qs :Jd :9h :3h . What the fuck.
I know I made a ton of mistakes in this hand, from my thought process, to not reassessing on turn and river, ICM etc etc
Thoughts????

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinds 25k/50k
    six players
    4 folds

SB hero (1,700,000) :Ac :Kc :Ad :Td raise to 150,000
    BB (1,800,000) calls

Flop (300,000) :Ah :Qh :JS:
    Hero (1,550,000) bets 150,000
    BB ($covers) calls
    Turn (600,000) :Ah :Qh :JS: :3H:
    Hero (1,400,000) bets 150,000
    BB ($covers) raises to 1,050,000
    Hero calls
    River (2,700,000) :Ah :Qh :JS: :3H: :6S:
    Hero (350,000) checks
    BB all in
    Hero calls

BB :Qs :Jd :9h :3H:

Did you notice there are two 3 of hearts in the deck? I know this is just a tilting post because its so rambled and not very detailed.
  • humpsterhumpster Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Nice one Austin. Turn was 2h. Sorry, but im sure u got my drift. Now maybe u can add your thoughts on the hand. Cheers.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    humpster wrote: »
    Nice one Austin. Turn was 2h. Sorry, but im sure u got my drift. Now maybe u can add your thoughts on the hand. Cheers.

you are likely only about 20% on the turn and with ICM considerations the turn is a tight fold.
  • Baby_SharkBaby_Shark Red Chipper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Also, I'm not a plo or tourney player, but wouldn't a bigger sizing on the flop be better for a cbet when the board is wet and connected?

I also don't know your reasoning for a small barrel on the turn. If you're asking "is my straight still good?" Your hand is face up and you get a clear answer. If you want implied odds to draw to a boat, why allow villain to raise bigger?

However, this spot is super sick. With ICM implications, it's a fold. As 3rd chip stack, gotta torture those shorties.

Maybe next time wait for a premium starting hand... Just kidding.
  • humpsterhumpster Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Thanks for your responses. As I said I made a ton of mistakes in this hand. My biggest was the fact that on the flop I made the decision that there was no way I would be ever folding this b4 the river. I SHOULD HAVE FOLDED TO THE TURN RAISE. Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file