BB ($1,000) calls

Flop ($100) :Jd :6h :7d
BB bets $50
Hero calls
MP, HJ, BTN fold
TUrn ($200) :Jd :6h :7d :Qc
BB ($covers) bets $250
Hero ($530) ?

Villain is unknown and I have only been at the table for about 2 orbits. This is his first donk bet and seems to be playing fairly tight. His sizing seems a bit off as earlier there were a couple of limpers and he opened to $100 from SB and took it down. Another hand someone opened $20 got 1 caller and he 3 bet to $200. No hands have yet to be shown down by villain.

On the flop Snowie has my hand as a fold, but I think that is too tight of a fold. What do you think about this?

Flop
21ikhujsvfbk.png

Turn
3txipgm91omh.png

Snowie's continue range
om2somdtfvpz.png

Comments

• Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Folding on Flop is lol

Snowie is assuming these callers behind have a tight cold call preflop range which makes your continue less good + it likely assumes this lead is constructed well.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folding on Flop is lol

Snowie is assuming these callers behind have a tight cold call preflop range which makes your continue less good + it likely assumes this lead is constructed well.

Snowie doesn't have 22-99 in it's opening range. What hands do you continue with here?

For my actual range because this is an aggro game I won't have any low SCs below J10s in my EP range.

I will have
    value
    66 (3)
    77 (3)
    JJ (3)
    QQ (3)
    QJs (2)
    KQd (1)
    AQd (1)
    QTd (1)

Other hands
    ATd (1)
    AKd (1)
    KTd (1)

*I am not opening low suited aces from EP on this table.

Very tight continuance range for stacking off here on the turn. Not sure how I feel about shoving pair + FD or SD+FD on the turn. Doesn't feel like a lot of fold equity, but then again maybe those hands are actually ahead?

What hands would you continue with?
  • VegaVega Red Chipper Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Is raising on the flop out of the question? It helps deny the villain turn barreling and we may be able to check back to the river...

But because we have back-door options calling the flop is better since a lot of turn cards could help us.

Never mind, I talked myself out of it. :)
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vega wrote: »
    Is raising on the flop out of the question? It helps deny the villain turn barreling and we may be able to check back to the river...

But because we have back-door options calling the flop is better since a lot of turn cards could help us.

Never mind, I talked myself out of it. :)

Not out of the question, but vs a 3bet im screwed. Think I find out the same info vs a turn barrel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file