Utg check
Hero check
Mp1 bets 15
Mp2 calls
Btn calls
Bb folds
Utg raises to $75 (150 behind)
Hero ($covers) ?

*my initial plan was to check raise the flop vs MP or btn as it hits their range. Stacks vary from $100-$200. Wrench got through in my plan when UTG check raised.

Now what?

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    e1oa3etpahgv.png

Against pair+draw and sdfd hands AQ only has 30% equity.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    BUT stack size? Player history?

You'll get better responses when you include these (but great formatting!) :) :) :).

Seriously: BUT stack size? Player history against UTG?

You'll get better responses when you include these (but great formatting!) :) :) :).

I included stack size when he check raised. Has about $150 behind, raises to $75 so about $225.

Play is a loose tag player.
    Vpip about 35\pfr around 15

EP i saw him limp hands like A10o, QJs, KQo, and when faced with a big bet he tanks and struggles to fold preflop. Very sticky when he has top pair, but usually bets out. Check raises are usually very strong with 2 pair or better... Some type of big draw.
    Austin wrote: »

I included stack size when he check raised. Has about $150 behind, raises to $75 so about $225.

EP i saw him limp hands like A10o, QJs, KQo, and when faced with a big bet he tanks and struggles to fold preflop. Very sticky when he has top pair, but usually bets out. Check raises are usually very strong with 2 pair or better... Some type of big draw.

Stack and size and player profile of BUT, i.e., button :).

I want to know if you think that he's a likely player to stay in / get it all in or fold regardless of what you do.
    edited August 2018

Stack and size and player profile of BUT, i.e., button :).

I want to know if you think that he's a likely player to stay in / get it all in or fold regardless of what you do.

Everyone else was pretty short. I thought there might be one player who gambles with a FD as there is so much in the pot, but they don't think like that. They think "I only invested $25, so I am going to fold." Wasn't sure who was going to stick around, but ended up everyone just folded.
    Later in the session against the same player that check raised this hand went down.
    UTG ($167) raises to $16
    UTG+1 Hero ($600) :AS: :JS: calls $16
    BB ($800) calls $16

*UTG has a bet sizing tell and honestly I thought about just folding AJs here against a pretty tight range. I figured position would help make up for card disadvantage.

flop ($48) :JC: :2H: :3D:
    BB check
    UTG ($156) bets $31
    Hero calls
    BB check raises to $81
    UTG shoves ($156)
    *My read is now confirmed.
    Hero folds
    BB tanks for about 90 seconds and eventually calls $75 more.
    Turn and river roll out 3, 4.

UTG comfortable turned his hand over on the flop QQ.
    BB ended up having 22 for bottom set and the biggest TILTING nit roll i've ever saw.
    If UTG's check-raises are usually 2+ or big draw, then I think that you can comfortably fold here.
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    why do you want to CR this combo?

Traps a bunch or dead money in the middle and denies equity to a lot of draws. Given the shorter stacks I don't mind getting all folds as a 60-70% favorite. Sure I get worse hands like QT to fold, but getting T9, KT, and fd to fold as well I think works great. Vs deeper stacks I don't like check raising here.
    If UTG's check-raises are usually 2+ or big draw, then I think that you can comfortably fold here.

I did fold, If you check the 2nd spoiler you can see why I feel pretty good about it.

I did fold, If you check the 2nd spoiler you can see why I feel pretty good about it.

Hah! I forgot to check the spoilers until you mentioned it! :)
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭

Traps a bunch or dead money in the middle and denies equity to a lot of draws. Given the shorter stacks I don't mind getting all folds as a 60-70% favorite. Sure I get worse hands like QT to fold, but getting T9, KT, and fd to fold as well I think works great. Vs deeper stacks I don't like check raising here.

Were you check/shoving?
    And do you think draws are stabbing Flop at a high frequency?

Were you check/shoving?
    And do you think draws are stabbing Flop at a high frequency?

I think some combo draws of AsXs will stab. Not so much naked fd. But I think it being six ways at least 1 player will take a stab. Although there is only 3 people behind me, I was pretty confident on this texture of someone stabbing despite blocking Top pair. Still quite a few other hands that will bet for "protection" or "to see where im at." No individual player is going to stab at a high frequency, but accumlative its high.

Shoving or raising I am not sure, depending on effective stacks, amount of the bet etc. Shoving makes a lot of sense as I can rep some draws when I shove and still be called light. Think shove may look weaker than a raise.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file