Repping the turn

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
Utg limps 3
Mp limps 3
Hj limps 3
CO Hero :7s :6s limps 3
*I was going to raise here, but BTN acted out of turn and folded. Didn't want it to seem like an angle shoot.
Sb calls
Bb checks
Six ways

Flop ($12+$6) :Tc :8s :2h
Sb check
Bb bet $10
Utg, mp,Hj folds
Hero calls
Sb folds
Turn ($32) :7d
Sb ($100) bets $20
Hero ($covers) all in

*Figured turn is much better for my range. Not sure if he gambles with a hand like T9, dont think he bets with a hand like 98 or J9 on the flop. Lots of Tx in trying to get him off of.

Comments

• VegaVega Red Chipper Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Alright, I need to understand this hand because I wouldn't have thought to make this play.

When you say the turn is better for your range, what makes you think that? With him in the BB, he could have anything. After the flop and turn bets, we can narrow it down, but I seem to be getting mostly top pair here (around 40%), with middle pair and two pair coming in around 15% each. There are some gut shots in all that - also around 15%.

How much FE are we realistically seeing against this range? Seems like we would need a lot with about 20% equity against this.

I am playing Friday, so help me understand, so I can stack more chips. :)
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vega wrote: »
    Alright, I need to understand this hand because I wouldn't have thought to make this play.

When you say the turn is better for your range, what makes you think that? With him in the BB, he could have anything. After the flop and turn bets, we can narrow it down, but I seem to be getting mostly top pair here (around 40%), with middle pair and two pair coming in around 15% each. There are some gut shots in all that - also around 15%.

How much FE are we realistically seeing against this range? Seems like we would need a lot with about 20% equity against this.

I am playing Friday, so help me understand, so I can stack more chips. :)

$1\$3 or $1\$2 players typically are not betting out draws, so not really worried about him having any gutters. He could easily have 2 pair or top pair, but more top pairs than two pairs. Just a matter if they fold to aggression. Similar to Splitsuit post with his KhJh hand. Only this is a limped pot.
  • VegaVega Red Chipper Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Yeah, good points. It's amazing how nitty people play, and most people don't want to commit with just top pair.

Aggression for the win.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    *I was going to raise here, but BTN acted out of turn and folded. Didn't want it to seem like an angle shoot.
    Why do you care? You didn't make any mistake or induce BU to play out of his turn. Just enjoy the free information and stay on your raising line
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    villain snap called with 22 and river came 9 😀

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file