Mp folds
Btn calls
Turn ($69) :5c :8h :Qs :Ad
Hero bets $50
Btn ($160) calls
River ($169) :5c :8h :Qs :Ad :Ah
Hero all in
Villain ($110) ?

Profile - unknown new to the table. Been at the table only a couple of hands limped once, no other history.

Comments

• moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    The line makes sense as a triple-barrel. V doesn't have a ton of aces in his hand. Depends how sticky he tends to be with pocket pairs. If he flopped a set and boated up, then so be it.

Are other players at the table a lot deeper? If not, then I'm not so sure about including 76s in early position in a shallow-stacked table as part of your opening range in general.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The line makes sense as a triple-barrel. V doesn't have a ton of aces in his hand. Depends how sticky he tends to be with pocket pairs. If he flopped a set and boated up, then so be it.

Are other players at the table a lot deeper? If not, then I'm not so sure about including 76s in early position in a shallow-stacked table as part of your opening range in general.

players were not very deep, but extremely fit / fold on the flop and 0% bluffs. I would raise AJo from EP to $10 get 3 callers and check it all the way down on T9743 and win against some broadways and A6o. No one took a stab. Against aggression my hand becomes a very easy fold.

I felt on the turn he could have AQ, but hesitated a little bit. I wasn't confident this was weakness or some type of slow play where he was thinking of raising. The last Ace was like ok... now there are way less AQ in his range in general, so I just went with combos and figured Qx was majority of his range.
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO leverage versus against a heavy profile as is met on Turn here often.

Can’t blame you for moving it in, but I think you are targeting JTs and a little bit of Qx, rather than a heavy target on Qx.

If he called through the Turn thinking your range contained less Ax than you are representing, it seems unlikely that when a second Ace falls that changes. If anything it would enhance his read.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »

players were not very deep, but extremely fit / fold on the flop and 0% bluffs. I would raise AJo from EP to $10 get 3 callers and check it all the way down on T9743 and win against some broadways and A6o. No one took a stab. Against aggression my hand becomes a very easy fold.

I felt on the turn he could have AQ, but hesitated a little bit. I wasn't confident this was weakness or some type of slow play where he was thinking of raising. The last Ace was like ok... now there are way less AQ in his range in general, so I just went with combos and figured Qx was majority of his range.

I don't like this triple for a bunch of reasons - you are OOP, dry board = IP will slowplay top of their range more often(sets/AQ/A5s/A8s), you block pretty much the only draw, you said they are fit/fold = his entire range is Qx or better
    Lets say
    J10s (2 combos) discounted
    Q10 (12)
    QJ (12)
    KQ (12)
    AQ (6)
    A8s (1)
    55 (3)
    88 (3)

So he calls off Ace or better
    Calls (13)
    Fold (36)

Pretty good turn out. Even if he calls KQ its calls (25) folds (24) so my bet should be auto profit.

3 ways I can have quite a few AX here. If im opening 76s on this table im also opening Axs and AJo+. Gives me a bunch of Ax.

Thoughts?

@Christian Soto And @kenaces
    Would you barrel flop and turn and check \ fold river?
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah if you think he folds Qx too much on Turn
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note, austin, how in one thread you argue to x/c a hand that will only improve on a 1/4 of the deck, but here you want to barrel with one that retains equity on nearly every card to come. Think about that contradiction.
    persuadeo wrote: »
    Note, austin, how in one thread you argue to x/c a hand that will only improve on a 1/4 of the deck, but here you want to barrel with one that retains equity on nearly every card to come. Think about that contradiction.

Explain? What hand did I want to check \ call? Can you explain the "retains equity?" 76s is pretty low on equity, so benefits from FE if there is enough.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭
    Lets say
    Q10 (12)
    QJ (12)
    KQ (12)
    AQ (6)
    A8s (1)
    55 (3)
    88 (3)

Calls (13)
    Fold (36)

Pretty good turn out. Even if he calls KQ its calls (25) folds (24) so my bet should be auto profit.

3 ways I can have quite a few AX here. If im opening 76s on this table im also opening Axs and AJo+. Gives me a bunch of Ax.

Thoughts?

might add a few combos of A5sAK/AJ, and more calls with Qx?

To tell the truth, I don't open 76s UTG, and I don't have well crafted triple range in 3W pots especially when OOP.

kenaces wrote: »
    Lets say
    Q10 (12)
    QJ (12)
    KQ (12)
    AQ (6)
    A8s (1)
    55 (3)
    88 (3)

Calls (13)
    Fold (36)

Thoughts?

might add a few combos of A5sAK/AJ, and more calls with Qx?

To tell the truth, I don't open 76s UTG, and I don't have well crafted triple range in 3W pots especially when OOP.

I have low % of cards that are good for me. I think A, K, 9, 4 are all good cards for me. Gives me 16 cards I can barrel on either improved or as scare cards. K and A I guess we can discount as they might help villain as well. If turn was say 5-J where I don't have much FE, might make a small bet setting my own price as I don't expect these players to raise without 2 pair+.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explain? What hand did I want to check \ call? Can you explain the "retains equity?" 76s is pretty low on equity, so benefits from FE if there is enough.

Right, so ajcc was lower in equity and dramatically lower in EV, MW with backdoors on the flop, yet the investment was to accept the price rather than lay it.

Here with a nut(tish) draw on the flop you have good clarity and less FE than on 942, but start firing.

Something to consider as you refine your strategy. Not going into it further here.

Right, so ajcc was lower in equity and dramatically lower in EV, MW with backdoors on the flop, yet the investment was to accept the price rather than lay it.

Here with a nut(tish) draw on the flop you have good clarity and less FE than on 942, but start firing.

Something to consider as you refine your strategy. Not going into it further here.

Ya.... I can't argue against that. Makes total sense. Although I think my cbet % here is still going to be pretty low being oop. Cbetting allows me to get blown off my hand as well. I see your point, wasn't sure what hand you were talking about.

Thank you for following up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file