1% series - After check-check on the flop?

Steeve HetuSteeve Hetu Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
Hi,

As I understand this series, I must defend 70% on the flop when I call a preflop OOP. If the flop goes check-check, what's the approch?

As I understand (again!), I must defend my check on the turn with 70% too. (by check-raising or Check-calling) Also, I pretty sure that is good to bet after vilain miss cbet!

So, what's the strategy to use?

example : XR the top 5% of hand
then Bet the following 10%
then XC a lot of bluff-catcher.
then bet as bluff another 10%
then XR anotther 5%
then fold the rest.

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

As I understand this series, I must defend 70% on the flop when I call a preflop OOP. If the flop goes check-check, what's the approch?

As I understand (again!), I must defend my check on the turn with 70% too. (by check-raising or Check-calling) Also, I pretty sure that is good to bet after vilain miss cbet!

So, what's the strategy to use?

example : XR the top 5% of hand
    then Bet the following 10%
    then XC a lot of bluff-catcher.
    then bet as bluff another 10%
    then XR anotther 5%
    then fold the rest.

Best Solution is to watch the whole series. Your missing some key components that will end up losing you money.
  • Steeve HetuSteeve Hetu Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Austin wrote: »

Best Solution is to watch the whole series. Your missing some key components that will end up losing you money.

oups... Is it in the Q&A ? can you point to me which of 11 videos to look?

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »

oups... Is it in the Q&A ? can you point to me which of 11 videos to look?

Have you watched all of them? Good, bad, and non-events talks about one of the issues. As Splitsuit suggested though, you should watch them in order. I would recommend watching ALL of them before implementing anything because if you only implement 70% your likely going to lose money cause you don't know the WHY or correct frequency.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,032 -
    Agreed with @Austin - watch the full series first. There are a lot of big-picture ideas early in the series that require a nuanced look from the later videos.

Also, consider what V's flop check-behind range is (or, if applicable, their check twice range if you are IP). That can help you veer between the model and a more exploitative construction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file