Preflop Raise Call or Fold

Bernard SilvaBernard Silva Red Chipper Posts: 23 ✭✭
EP1 limps 2, EP2 limps 2, Mp1 limps 2, Mp2 limps 2, cutoff limps 2, button limps 2, I raise to 22 in the sb with a6 hearts. EP1-MP2 FOLD. Cutoff reraises all in for 53 and button flats for 53 more. Button has 80 dollars remaining.

If I call I am getting 4.39:1 to one on a call. However the SPR will be below 1 and I will have to jam any flop.

If I raise all in I'm only getting 1.95:1 assuming I have no fold equity.
So what do I do? In the hand I folded.

Comments

• dnoyeBdnoyeB DetroitRed Chipper Posts: 284 ✭✭
    First, I wouldn't have raised that from the blinds with a buncha limpers.
    Second, I cut my losses and fold. A preflop check raise is rediculous. Looks planned.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't raise either unless they have been folding to aggression. Usually get 2-3 callers for $20 more and your in a bloated pot oop. Depends on table dynamics..

As played
    About $6 in limpers
    Co $53
    Btn $53
    Hero has $22 already in the middle.

With those odds you gotta call $31 more to see the flop. If you flop anything decent I would just shove vs Btn.
  • Bernard SilvaBernard Silva Red Chipper Posts: 23 ✭✭
    The limpers are limping with nearly a 100% open range and can't withstand heat on future betting rounds. Usually, they all fold and if they don't fold only 1 calls and I can blow him off the hand on the flop or turn. Also my image was supreme nitty, in this session as I was card dead and had a VPIP of 0% after 90 minutes.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭
    Considering you've 2 shorts stacks - CO starting with 55$, BU with 135$ - you should also adapt your range accordingly with their limp/fold ratio; and be ready for limp/shove (often with, in such case, a somehow wide and merged range).

You've to decide before raising if you're ready to play for (short) stacks preflop with A6s.
    The limpers are limping with nearly a 100% open range
    So raise more. Any decent holding run great against junk
    and can't withstand heat on future betting rounds.
    This is but wrong. Or it is without further info. withstanding heat depends on your pot odds and equity.
    If you call, a shove from Villain on flop will be for you to call 80 in a 174$ pot or pot odds of 80/(174+80+80) = 24%. So you'll need to win at least 1/4 to be +EV (on the flop).
    Can you? What is your equity HU (side pot) and MW (main pot) ?

Also you've to consider Villain's range. Does he limp/call 53$ with TT ? KJo ? A5s? How would you assume him playing these hands postflop ? Can you exclude hands because he didn't limp/re-raise (like AA) ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file