Turn ($82) :3c
Bb check
Hero bet 65
Bb calls
River ($212) :9s
Bb checked dark
Hero ?

Bet or give up?

Villain is loose passive preflop and super aggro postflop. Usually his bets are near pot and donk bets are frequent with any pair and any draw. Roughly 75 vpip / 15 pfr.

Yes, I know 65s is a very light open from EP. Snowie has it as an open to balance our range I guess because it folds higher SCs like T9s-87s.

Seems like the worse card in the deck for me against a dark check and I should give up. It completes so much of villains range. I think he has more 9x than FD as I think he wouldn't check dark with a fd.

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that Villain call turn means he has something. Either 3X, 9X or :SPADE: FD (more unlikely since he donk without :9S: ; maybe only a combo draw?).
    I don't see many things Villain can fold.

Often check dark are because of weakness. Sometimes it's because of strength in a way to induce a bet. I'd more chose the strength side this time.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Why did you call the flop bet?? If V donks with a pair or a draw, then you're waaaay behind either way. V doesn't profile as a guy from whom it's easy to steal pots.
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I don't really like the float against the loose aggressive guy unless he gives up a lot after making big flop bets....I like hands with a bit more equity....as

As played, I lean towards a river bet.....

An aggressive villain who bets big on the flop with a draw does not stop betting the turn on middle a middle low card pairing if he has the draw....

the check call on the turn, pretty much puts villain on, a one pair hand (maybe a made full house, but how many of those does he have)....

The check in the dark same thing....so how many 9's does he have v.s. other pairs...can he really call you with the TT or 88 77 he has....I would give up on a non spade, non A or K but otherwise I think its a bet,
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    Yes, I know 65s is a very light open from EP. Snowie has it as an open to balance our range I guess because it folds higher SCs like T9s-87s.

I am assuming this is 1/2 - right?

My first thought when reading your post was to tell you to stop opening SCs in EP.

I suggest you be more careful with how you are interpreting snowie. Yes you can create a deep stack scenario where snowie opens 56s from EP with small raise size but you are opening 5x(1/2?) You can have a look at snowie pre-flop ranges for PSB open and it will not be opening 56s.

I am also pretty sure if you put this hand into snowie calling the flop would be a blunder and I would agree.

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kenaces wrote: »
    Austin wrote: »

I am assuming this is 1/2 - right?

My first thought when reading your post was to tell you to stop opening SCs in EP.

I suggest you be more careful with how you are interpreting snowie. Yes you can create a deep stack scenario where snowie opens 56s from EP with small raise size but you are opening 5x(1/2?) You can have a look at snowie pre-flop ranges for PSB open and it will not be opening 56s.

I am also pretty sure if you put this hand into snowie calling the flop would be a blunder and I would agree.

This is $2-$3-$5, I was experimenting with opening min (2bb) with my entire range. I found I am more or less getting the same callers, maybe 1-2 more in the blinds and the 3 bet frequency seems to be the same.

I misspoke when I said Snowie opens these hands. Not sure what I was looking at, but when I did my morning preflop warmup, there were no SCs in EP below J10s. Not sure where I got 65s from... I know its in snowie some where.... Maybe a 3bet in LP? I'll have to check later.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭
    Ah - now it all makes more sense:)

I would suggest just opening bigger in live games as this punishes the two super common mistakes they make - CC too wide and not 3Bing enough
  • dnoyeBdnoyeB DetroitRed Chipper Posts: 284 ✭✭
    He's got more of all of that than you do. He might have bet just due to that.

What would your bet truly represent other than a pocket pair?

I'd fold and take a note of what he donked with on this board.
  • dnoyeBdnoyeB DetroitRed Chipper Posts: 284 ✭✭
    Err, I'd check not fold 😁

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file