Haward. Powerfest Run.

TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,075 -
edited November 2018 in PRO Product Discussion
In his latest tournament series, "Lucky" Luke Haward takes us through his deep run in a $215 tournament from Party Poker's Powerfest. In Part 1 of the series Luke analyses hands from the early part of the tournament, because starting with the final table and working backwards would be tantamount to lunacy.

You can watch Part 2 here and the final installment here.

Please leave your questions and comments on this series below.
Moderation In Moderation

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoy replayer videos where we get to see all the hands; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

However, you go so fast through the hands with very little analysis on anything its hard for this to be an informative video. I have ton of experience and pretty much understand most of the plays you make, but I could see someone new to RCP having a very hard time following a long. There is little to no discussion on ranges, bet sizing, player stats etc.

I will just request that you slow down a ton! I mean you went through like 200 hands in 30 minutes, so about 9 seconds a hand and it felt way faster than that!

I don't mind skipping over the trash hands, but maybe instead of just hitting play to see the action before you, just see the hand you have and position your in then click next hand. Then when an interesting hand comes into a play where you may have a decision to make use the next action button instead of the play button. Will make it a lot easier on the "teacher" as well as the "student" watching the video.

I am not a mtt expert by any means, but couple things I noticed.
    1) Your preflop game is very solid in terms of raising and calling range.
    2) preflop sizing also seems very solid for opening and 3 bet sizing for in or oop.
    3) Postflop seems very passive and unimaginative. You basically have zero cbet bluffs and in return this leads to the calling mistakes postflop you were making, which you briefly discussed. The T8s where you had a FD. The A3s on 45K where you have gutter +BDFD.
    4) It just seemed like you played solid preflop / passive postflop and tried to make hands. Most of the accumulated chips were from AA preflop, flopping trips, or turning some type of two pair. Most difficult decisions that would require a raise or a lighter call down you just snap folded to the next hand.
    5) Do you take into account players range when you are betting for value? Seems like you used a lot of 2/3 sizing postflop. For example the AQ on QQK99 run out where you bet pretty large on the river and opponent just called with QJ. You are polarizing your sizing with only 1 Q left in the deck. Why not target weaker part of their range K10s-KJs, AK, J10, 9x etc. Maybe it will even induce them to make a play.

Postflop game just seems very weak to me. I just ask that you slow down a bit on the replayer and stop using the play button. Could seriously make someone dizzy. I felt like the analysis was "I have a hand now so I'm going to bet" or "I don't have a hand, so i'm going to check and give up."

Sorry for some of the harsh criticism, it's nothing personal. Hopefully you haven't made part 2 or 3 yet and can take some of the suggestions into part II and III.

Can you filter the hands to the ones you vpip'd in ? Seems like the video will be much smoother.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,075 -
    The problem with filtering on VPIP is it skips some interesting folds.
    Moderation In Moderation
    TheGameKat wrote: »

As long as the play button is not on warp speed. Lots of info is just flashing before your eyes. Have you watched it?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,075 -
    Austin wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »

As long as the play button is not on warp speed. Lots of info is just flashing before your eyes. Have you watched it?

I watch all the videos. This is one of the few I didn't watch on 1.5x speed.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file