5NL: ATs from the BTN, raise CO open limp by fish

Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Online Poker Hands
Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BB: $5.00 (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 37)
UTG: $3.51 (VPIP: 83.33, PFR: 60.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
MP: $4.73 (VPIP: 71.43, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
CO: $4.45 (VPIP: 57.14, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
Hero (BTN): $6.47
SB: $6.00 (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 7.69, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 41)

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Ac Tc
fold, fold, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, fold, CO calls $0.13

Flop : ($0.43, 2 players) 4d 5h 5d
CO checks, Hero bets $0.25, CO calls $0.25

Turn : ($0.93, 2 players) 4h
CO checks, Hero checks

River : ($0.93, 2 players) 7c
CO bets $0.75, fold

CO wins $0.89
Rake paid $0.04

Line check, please. Should be ahead of villain's range on the flop, after the call and the double pairing I think it makes sense to check back the turn, and then river donk to that sizing seems to be a bluff so rarely that there's no way to call this with A high, correct?

edit: Look at the player lines at that table. Drastically different than 1-6am. I'll start taking note of pop tendencies at different times of day.

Comments

• AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 273 ✭✭
    Your line after cbetting the flop is fine. The question is: what is the reason to cbet those kind of boards against limp/callers?
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
    CO is loose and open limping a lot of combos preflop. Air, many pp's, draws, and A high might fold the flop here (?) and I'm still IP on the turn.

Against a reg or tighter player I wouldn't have cbet there but I thought that sizing with 2 overcards vs his range warranted it.
    You are saying he is loose, why do you think he would fold Ahighs and overcards then?
    Joseph F wrote: »

Against a reg or tighter player I wouldn't have cbet there but I thought that sizing with 2 overcards vs his range warranted it.

That's funny because I would cbet against most regs and check against loose/passive players (not always ofc).

CO is loose and open limping a lot of combos preflop. Air, many pp's, draws, and A high might fold the flop here (?) and I'm still IP on the turn.
    You are saying he is loose, why do you think he would fold Ahighs and overcards then?

That's funny because I would cbet against most regs and check against loose/passive players (not always ofc).

He's loose preflop - I don't know if that continues postflop. We know his pyramid starts out wide. As far as cbetting vs a reg or fish - Maybe I do have this backwards. Why would you be more inclined to cbet that flop vs a reg?
    For the record: Deposited on Global last night and obviously saw why you guys find it so appealing lol. I've never had access to games that soft before so combining this with the other US facing sites will provide me with much better table selection.
    He's loose preflop - I don't know if that continues postflop. We know his pyramid starts out wide. As far as cbetting vs a reg or fish - Maybe I do have this backwards. Why would you be more inclined to cbet that flop vs a reg?

I think regs fold on those kind of flops more often. If weak players have a BDSD they are always calling because they want to make a straight. This is a spot that comes up quite often and I think a delayed cbet generates more folds than a normal F cbet. You have to check so many turns and have to fold to any river aggression.

I think regs fold on those kind of flops more often. If weak players have a BDSD they are always calling because they want to make a straight. This is a spot that comes up quite often and I think a delayed cbet generates more folds than a normal F cbet. You have to check so many turns and have to fold to any river aggression.

I see what you're saying and you're obviously right. I will adjust in spots like this in the future.

Up a couple BI's on Global and winning on WPN the last several hundred hands. Going to keep plugging away on these cash games.
  • obliviusoblivius San FranciscoRed Chipper Posts: 44 ✭✭
    be careful about calling this player loose/fish or whatever with ONLY 7 Hands on him... Unless I'm missing something those 7 hands mean almost nothing. The only indicator that he's in the weak realm is that he has a less than 100bb starting stack
    edited September 2018
    oblivius wrote: »
    be careful about calling this player loose/fish or whatever with ONLY 7 Hands on him... Unless I'm missing something those 7 hands mean almost nothing. The only indicator that he's in the weak realm is that he has a less than 100bb starting stack

I *do* have a strong tendency to put too much stock into small samples. My own and other player's. This guy was calling T2o from the SB and OR'ing 58s from the CO, though. Two PT4 notes in 7 hands, and those are what they are - doesn't look good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file