Hero Facing 3 Donk Bets with TPTK

AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 273 ✭✭
This is a hand I played yesterday, interesting spots on every street.

$0.30 NL - Holdem - 9 players

UTG: 279.4 BB (VPIP: 31.97, PFR: 21.93, 3Bet Preflop: 5.75, Hands: 2,093)
Hero (UTG+1): 123.83 BB
MP: 119.33 BB (VPIP: 20.87, PFR: 12.67, 3Bet Preflop: 3.99, Hands: 4,934)
MP+1: 89.17 BB (VPIP: 16.89, PFR: 11.54, 3Bet Preflop: 3.94, Hands: 1,969)
MP+2: 85.03 BB (VPIP: 28.36, PFR: 12.69, 3Bet Preflop: 3.13, Hands: 135)
CO: 103.5 BB (VPIP: 16.40, PFR: 12.99, 3Bet Preflop: 5.86, Hands: 2,641)
BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 53.61, PFR: 30.41, 3Bet Preflop: 12.82, Hands: 194)
SB: 128.73 BB (VPIP: 52.92, PFR: 18.77, 3Bet Preflop: 3.81, Hands: 657)
BB: 108.5 BB (VPIP: 21.05, PFR: 15.97, 3Bet Preflop: 6.72, Hands: 4,779)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :AH: :QS:

UTG raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

UTG seems to be TAG, have labeled him as weak player tho. I think folding is way too tight against him, 3betting possible. Would love to hear your thoughts on my preflop decision. I think with AJs,AQ, 99 and TT we can go either way. SB calls as well.

Flop: (10 BB, 3 players) :QH: :TD: :6S:

SB bets 6.67 BB, UTG calls 6.67 BB, Hero calls 6.67 BB

When SB leads he can have loads of hands, this is the range I gave him on the flop:

6nxq90p9ihtd.png

We are not folding, that's for sure. Any reasons to raise here? We have one of our strongest hands besides TT and 66. I think when he is bluffing he is going to continue OTT, when we raise we get called by KJ, KQ, QJ, Q9. Depending on sizing he is calling with weaker draws like 98s, 97s.

Turn: (30 BB, 3 players) :JC:

:QH: :TD: :6S: :JC:

SB bets 15 BB, fold, Hero calls 15 BB

Turn definitely a good card for V's range. When he continues leading out we can eliminate some hands from his range, something like 76s is unlikely to barrel turn. Q9, Q8,Q7s also likely to slow down. Everything else has at least a good draw which I think continues bluffing. I don't know if V may go bigger than 1/2pot with made hands...

3zbkss5818ks.png

River: (60 BB, 2 players) :TC:

:QH: :TD: :6S: :JC: :TC:

SB bets 27 BB, Hero ???

udtbriwi3pn1.png

h0tocip9e9y4.png

(Range assumptions are worst case scenario)

Another good card for V's range, this is exactly why I would like to see myself raising the flop in the first place. Given V's turn-range we have 52% equity.
When we eliminate some 6X combos and JX we drop down in equity quite significantly. I think we have to call with AQ getting better than 3:1 on a call. When he bets 66%-100% pot it becomes a fold...
Thoughts?

Comments

• MrNiceMrNice Red Chipper Posts: 89 ✭✭
    PREFLOP

UTG isnt a TAG, he is a loose passive player. When you have such a big sample, look up his stats for UTG. He might play tighter in UTG or looser than VPIP general is indicating. TAG more someone like 22/19/5.

FLOP

I disagree with the range on the flop. The range you give SB there is too wide. He seems to be a very loose passive, dont think he bets garbage like K9s on the flop. I dont think that he is leading a weak 2nd pair either. I`d give him a range of:

66,AQs,KJs+,Q6s+,J8s-J9s,T6s,98s,AQo,KJo+,Q6o+,J8o-J9o,T6o

You have 60% vs his range. You might even consider a raise on the flop. When UTG calls, I dont think he has KK+, he might raise. You dominate all Queens of him and get value out of draws.

TURN

I dont know him, but he still can have all weaker Qx. Turn is ok, QJ made two pair, J9 and KJ have now a pair. He probably bets bigger with 66 and not half pot. Also think about what UTG folded. Dont think any broadway combo folds (All have at least gut shots to nuts) so it is more likely he folded an inferior pair.

RIVER

River card is way better for you and bad for SB. It cuts his two pair combos on the flop and strong Qx hands. I think calling down is fine.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preflop because its EP vs EP with several players left behind that can squeeze, a 3 bet is preferred to ISO that player and force others to fold hands as strong as JJ. You get a ton of respect in this spot and will get to play IP vs 1 villain instead of many.

Flop could also be a raise against such a loose villain. Against loose players you have to be willing to stack off lighter and merge your range.

As played i'm just calling the river.
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 273 ✭✭
    mgauch wrote: »
    PREFLOP

UTG isnt a TAG, he is a loose passive player. When you have such a big sample, look up his stats for UTG. He might play tighter in UTG or looser than VPIP general is indicating. TAG more someone like 22/19/5.

FLOP

I disagree with the range on the flop. The range you give SB there is too wide. He seems to be a very loose passive, dont think he bets garbage like K9s on the flop. I dont think that he is leading a weak 2nd pair either. I`d give him a range of:

66,AQs,KJs+,Q6s+,J8s-J9s,T6s,98s,AQo,KJo+,Q6o+,J8o-J9o,T6o

You have 60% vs his range. You might even consider a raise on the flop. When UTG calls, I dont think he has KK+, he might raise. You dominate all Queens of him and get value out of draws.

TURN

I dont know him, but he still can have all weaker Qx. Turn is ok, QJ made two pair, J9 and KJ have now a pair. He probably bets bigger with 66 and not half pot. Also think about what UTG folded. Dont think any broadway combo folds (All have at least gut shots to nuts) so it is more likely he folded an inferior pair.

RIVER

River card is way better for you and bad for SB. It cuts his two pair combos on the flop and strong Qx hands. I think calling down is fine.

Wanted to write LAG obviously, sorry for that. No stat shown in my post indicates passiveness of the UTG player. (34/24/6 with AF 3.0, opening 17% [40/230] from EP)

Anyway, I agree with you that some combos are more likely than others. I just wanted to consider all possible hands V could have. Why do you think he is not leading K9? Seems reasonable to me...

I think if he has a nutted hand he would play it differently (checking turn or betting bigger in general).
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 273 ✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    Preflop because its EP vs EP with several players left behind that can squeeze, a 3 bet is preferred to ISO that player and force others to fold hands as strong as JJ. You get a ton of respect in this spot and will get to play IP vs 1 villain instead of many.

Flop could also be a raise against such a loose villain. Against loose players you have to be willing to stack off lighter and merge your range.

Good points. It feels like against loose players 3betting AQ is more for value, against tight players it's a bluff. What do you think?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »

Good points. It feels like against loose players 3betting AQ is more for value, against tight players it's a bluff. What do you think?

I think you have an edge with initiative, position, and likely range advantage. Not necessarily the hand by itself. Also good blockers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file