Getting value from fish with AA on scary board

Martin DMartin D Red Chipper Posts: 79 ✭✭
edited September 2018 in Online Poker Hands
Generally speaking, I suck at playing aces. I tend to either over or undervalue them. I think in this hand I did the latter. I'm playing with this in flopzilla right now, but I would value some other thoughts, even if they are as simple as "Stop being such a damn nit" :)

I have a note on villain that says "loose pre, not good at pressing fold button post". I'd be happy
with this line vs most of my population but I think that vs this guy I wimped out and missed value.

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $19.74 (197.4 bb)
BB: $8.58 (85.8 bb)
Hero (CO): $27.20 (272 bb)
BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Aspade4.gif Adiamond4.gif
Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 4heart4.gif 6heart4.gif 6diamond4.gif (2 players)
BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.47, BB calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.59) Theart4.gif (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.59) Jheart4.gif (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Flop: Villain has a lot more 6x in his range than I do due to playing a lot of shit, but I dont really care about that. I don't know about calling if he x/raised - I don't expect him to raise any draws except maybe 75hh, but he might raise overpairs.

Turn: I think I could have bet here vs this guy. Vs a reg or a weaktight player I dont have a value bet I think, but maybe I should have bet/fold versus this guy?

River: I had been planning to call a small to medium bet here, or make one myself on a safe card. This is not a safe card. Do I have a bet?

As mentioned at the start, I'd be happy with this line versus most players. Do you think I would be right to be?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a note on villain that says "loose pre, not good at pressing fold button post"

When your taking notes, it helps to include some brief details of what hand he or she called down with. Did they stack off middle pair? Top pair When flush came in? Set on a 4 liner? Etc.
    Flop: Villain has a lot more 6x in his range than I do due to playing a lot of shit,

You should have a lot of 6x yourself on the btn. His min flop bet is basically a check, so just make a standard cbet and add 1 bb.

On the turn if villain does have a PP+ heart I would like to a half pot bet for value. Then I'm just checking back on the river.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,427 -
    I'm usually betting the turn against every player type.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Martin DMartin D Red Chipper Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Fair enough, thanks. How often do you think people call this flop with AhX type hands?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,427 -
    Martin D wrote: »
    Fair enough, thanks. How often do you think people call this flop with AhX type hands?

AT 10NL probably not as often as they should be. Their donk-bet/call line is odd. I think it's likely heavy with small-medium pairs and possibly some stray 4s. On this board I think you have the hand strength to get 2 streets of value, and it's easier to get the 2nd street on the turn.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Martin DMartin D Red Chipper Posts: 79 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Martin D wrote: »

AT 10NL probably not as often as they should be. Their donk-bet/call line is odd. I think it's likely heavy with small-medium pairs and possibly some stray 4s. On this board I think you have the hand strength to get 2 streets of value, and it's easier to get the 2nd street on the turn.

Sounds about right - I was thinking afterwards AhX probably didnt min donk the flop.
    Thanks again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file