Defending Flop Checks PRO Video.

Steeve HetuSteeve Hetu Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited September 2018 in PRO Product Discussion
@w34z3l on his video, DEFENDING FLOP CHECKS : https://redchippoker.com/pro-video-jones008/ show these tables

5tycq91qqz5u.png

I'm confuse with the 1% series of @SplitSuit. On the first line of the second table, the check-folding range is 50% of the check frenquency. Is it suppose to be 30% based on the series? And more, we could advocate that a check-fold of little over 30% like 35% overall is perhaps better because I'm OOP.

Need your opinion.

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @w34z3l on his video, DEFENDING FLOP CHECKS : https://redchippoker.com/pro-video-jones008/ show these tables

5tycq91qqz5u.png

I'm confuse with the 1% series of @SplitSuit. On the first line of the second table, the check-folding range is 50% of the check frenquency. Is it suppose to be 30% based on the series? And more, we could advocate that a check-fold of little over 30% like 35% overall is perhaps better because I'm OOP.

Need your opinion.

Oop is probably a bad event right?
  • w34z3lw34z3l RCP Coach Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Good to fold around 50% of the time after checking as the PFR OOP in general. It's correct to give auto-profit in a vacuum here simply due to positional disadvantage and often some range disadvantage after checking as the PFR. Folding only 30% would be a misapplication of minimum defense frequency formula in my opinion.

However, it's really important to understand that these numbers are generalizations. It's going to depend heavily on both the checking range, the board texture, villain and his selected bet-sizing. So we really shouldn't be surprised if two sources are not identical. We are working with rough estimates here anyway.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,001 -
    w34z3l wrote: »
    However, it's really important to understand that these numbers are generalizations. It's going to depend heavily on both the checking range, the board texture, villain and his selected bet-sizing. So we really shouldn't be surprised if two sources are not identical. We are working with rough estimates here anyway.

Couldn't have said it better myself =)
  • Steeve HetuSteeve Hetu Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Thanks. I understood when I writed this post that all the numbers given are kind of average.

So now, I have a question about putting hands in lines. Suppose a wet board of any kind that I must have a check-range. Do you prefer put stronger hands in the check-raising range first or in the c-betting range? Or do you mixing up a bit?

Just for the discussion here. suppose a range with : a top set, a bottom set, a bottom 2 pairs and a AA Overpair. Do you construct you range like that :

XR : the top set, bottom set
    Cbet : bottom 2 pairs and the AA Overpair

or more like that :
    XR : bottom 2 pairs and the AA Overpair
    Cbet : the top set, bottom set

or more like that (mixed) :
    XR : the top set, bottom 2 pairs
    Cbet : bottom set, AA Overpair

Thanks

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,078 -
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment