Flopped straight in tourney

Matthew FitzgeraldMatthew Fitzgerald Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
25 dollar tourney. Blinds are 75/150 Hero has 38k and started more tag but since doubling up has moved to lag for last 30 minutes and have only showed down winners.

Hand
Utg+3 K10 I raise to 450

Cut off, button and BB call. Pot is 1800 Flop is a dream 9JQ rainbow.

I'm thinking this flop has to have hit one of the 3 and I want to get 3 streets of value but want to bet small enough to entice multiple callers
I lead out 800 cut off folds button and BB call. Pot is 4200

Turn is 2s putting a back door spade draw on board. Now I'm thinking trying to isolate 1 but still want a caller so I bet half pot 2100 both players fold.

Should i have bet less on turn to look weak? Should I have tried to check raise?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,066 -
    Unless someone has bet-sizing tells, I've never really understood this idea that we can choose a certain sizing to look weak/strong/mediocre. It sort of implies that we can read our opponents' minds ahead of time and know how they will perceive our bet sizing. Given the haphazard way most people approach poker, I think all we can sensibly do is recognize that our bet is just that - a wager - and in making it we are offering odds on a proposition.

So, here, yeah I think you can shade your turn bet smaller and hope to get action from both of them. If someone stumbles into backdoor spades, it's just not your day.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file