Gross spot OTR with a set

Sp ShugyoshaSp Shugyosha Red Chipper Posts: 43 ✭✭
Hi guys , can you help me with my turn decision? I didn´t c/r all in because i didn´t want to push out any Qx ; also i felt awkward with stack sizes as i considered it would be too big...what´s the best line here?

Poker Stars, $0.90 Buy-in (60/120 blinds, 15 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 9,865 (82.2 bb)
BB: 20,078 (167.3 bb)
UTG+1: 9,105 (75.9 bb)
Hero (UTG+2): 9,409 (78.4 bb)
MP1: 2,625 (21.9 bb)
MP2: 18,625 (155.2 bb)
MP3: 32,490 (270.8 bb)
CO: 9,275 (77.3 bb)
BTN: 8,490 (70.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with :9s :9d
UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to 300, 2 folds, MP3 calls 300, 2 folds, SB calls 240, BB folds

Flop: (1,155) :Qd :9h :5h (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets 770, MP3 calls 770, SB folds

Turn: (2,695) :7h (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets 1,348, Hero calls 1,348

River: (5,391) :Kh (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets 4,043, Hero folds

Comments

• MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 80 ✭✭
    You lost the hand on the turn, by checking you gave up control handing it and the pot to MP3
  • eugeniusjreugeniusjr Red Chipper Posts: 408 ✭✭✭
    Wp on turn and river. Sometimes we just lose with our best hands.
  • Martin DMartin D Red Chipper Posts: 79 ✭✭
    I think you could have continued betting on the turn. Villain still has Qx that he might struggle to let go of to say a 60% pot bet but probably checks behind a lot of the time.

Xf river is fine. Sometimes he's an idiot who riveted 2 pair and for overexcited, but fine to let it go.
  • Sp ShugyoshaSp Shugyosha Red Chipper Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Martin D wrote: »
    I think you could have continued betting on the turn. Villain still has Qx that he might struggle to let go of to say a 60% pot bet but probably checks behind a lot of the time.

Yeah I thought about betting but I decided against because :
    1) Stacks are big , he can raise me and put me on a somewhat difficult decision
    2) If I check and bricks the river I can get some value for sure from his Qx

Bad luck that last heart
  • Martin DMartin D Red Chipper Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Yeah I thought about betting but I decided against because :
    1) Stacks are big , he can raise me and put me on a somewhat difficult decision
    2) If I check and bricks the river I can get some value for sure from his Qx
    Bad luck that last heart

I don't know if I agree, its a $1 tournament. Unless he's a known aggrotard, if he raises turn he probably has it, and you can fold happily. River is going to have a heart ~20% of the time, so ~20% of the time you lose a street of value against Qx taking that line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file