Sweeney. Live $2/$5 One-Pair Hands

SplitSuit analyzes some live $2/$5 hands all of which involve Hero holding one pair. Please leave any questions or comments on this video below.
Moderation In Moderation

Comments

• SicSemperSicSemper Red Chipper Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Hey Split, with KK in that last hand, I'm just confused about one thing with your recommendation to check back. With a passive villain holding so much that doesn't connect in this spot, wouldn't flop be the place that we're able to get a street most reliably, With hands like :Qc :Jc , :9s :9d and :6h :7h where a passive V has their most reason for optimism, and when top pair is only about a third of their range?
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,947 -
    edited November 2018
    sorry for the delay in responding. one quick thing from your comment:
    SicSemper wrote: »
    Hey Split, with KK in that last hand, I'm just confused about one thing with your recommendation to check back. With a passive villain holding so much that doesn't connect

Yup, agreeing so far...
    SicSemper wrote: »
    wouldn't flop be the place that we're able to get a street most reliably

Now I'm confused =(

If V misses this flop a ton, why would we be able to get called here reliably? Yes, V likely peels 99 and 87, but are they really peeling backdoor draws? Are they ever folding better (now or later)? Would they make more turn/river mistakes with their flop misses if we checked or bet the flop?

I hope those questions guide your exploration!
    My new book lays out the playbook for AK. Grab your copy and start Optimizing Ace King!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file