2018-09-29 - hand reviews

sb08icsb08ic GermanyRed Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
As mentioned I try to post the 3 most winning and 3 most losing hands of each of my sessions to the forum as recommended by @SplitSuit.

As the hand reviews shouldn't be result orientated I just mix losing and winning hands, so I get a good feeling by your comments and advices if I played the hands ok or awful :-)

EP plays 13/9.6 on 54 hands so despite of small sample seems nitty.
BU plays 18/14, 3bet 9.1 (but must be very few occasions) on 125 hands so I tagged him as a nit.

s08sz8qtmlsa.png

Preflop:
I give EP an opening range of: 88+, AJo+, KQo and every suited broadways ~ 10%
I give BU a coldcall-3bet-range of: TT-QQ, AK, AQs, KQs --> I think he would cold 4bet only KK+ here.
EP also seems like a player who only 4bets KK+ here, so I give him 88-QQ, AK as call-3bet-range. He gets better pot odds but I just don't think he's continuing worse hands here.

Flop:
I have ~ 45% equity vs. the assigned ranges and decide to bet around 1/2 pot in this 3bet pot. Given the preflop action I think the board is rather a Type I board because except KQs there are not many draws out there.

BU calls 100% of his range here I think.
EP gets rid of 88-99 vs. action of 2 players I think and continues TT-QQ, AK.

Is my betsize too small here?

Turn:
during review I see my equity is only 36% here.
I bet ~40% pot because a larger bet would commit myself I think?

BU shoves and I think he's doing that only with JJ, TT and maybe with KQs.
My equity is only 25% even against JJ-TT, KQs and would be much worse vs. only the nuts.

Am I using the EV-calculator correctly if I input

6jnudmzct9t2.png
?

$ are bb here. So the pot is 168 after my bet and his shove. This is my expected win?
And my expected loss are my 62bb left when I call and loose?

Would be glad If someone could tell me if I'm using the EV correctly here :-)

As a summary I think I should fold my hand on the turn against the shove of a super tight player.

As always I'm glad about any comments :-)

Comments

• AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Seems like V has TT or JJ, maybe QQ. I don't see V shoving a straight draw here very often. The cold calling 3b range is usually super narrow...
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    1. Slow down on that turn chief. QQ-99 are a big part of the 3-bet calling range. You block AK and KQ. Take a river, hard to get called by 3 streets by worse. Further, by checking you allow him to bluff his draws. And you know what? If I'ma get stacked here, I'll get stacked bluff catching, not betting, getting raised, and saying "lel overpair 100 BB stack off time". Don't get me wrong, I'm probably gonna still get stacked here, but if your betting for 3 streets, you are targeting AJ, KQ, and QQ. When you get raised, sure maybe they're going nuts with some dumb hand, but KQ should raise the flop, not the turn. Act accordingly.
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    jfarrow13 wrote: »
    1. Further, by checking you allow him to bluff his draws.

But you also allow him to realize his equity if he has a draw...
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Great, so if he has KQ (which we block), he has 1 more street to get it.
    AQ? Le. We hold his outs.
    98? Unlikely 3-bet call candidate.
    Are we that afraid of an ace?
    How any bricked combos of AK, KQ, AJ do we have here? Our range should be slowing down a bit, this board favors his nut end range. If you wanna make up value, if he checks on the turn, overbet the river. But your not getting 3 streets of value from worse here often. There's no need to spaz out and be afraid of taking a river OOP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Bad ass board. bet bet GII anyway. Any other play seems scared and unjustified. X/C turn is not the play, and X/F turn is not the play, B/F turn is not the play because you can still beat his jams.
    Checking line starting on the flop is interesting, but probably not great. You want to make sure he has to put money in with his hands that you beat, not check and make sure that he chooses which hands he puts money in with.

Betsize I think you had is fine, turn size up is good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file