50NL Call river against fish?

Ray KRay K Red Chipper Posts: 115 ✭✭
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

NL Holdem $0.50(BB)
BB ($46.89) [VPIP: 35.7% | PFR: 7.1% | AGG: 26.7% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 28]
HERO ($56.18) [VPIP: 28% | PFR: 21.4% | AGG: 36.5% | 3-Bet: 12% | Hands: 12757]
SB ($58.52) [VPIP: 46.7% | PFR: 16.7% | AGG: 34.4% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 31]

Dealt to Hero: 7:club: K:club:
HERO Raises To $1, SB Calls $0.75, BB Folds
Hero SPR on Flop: [22.07 effective]

Flop ($2.50): 7:heart: 4:heart: 2:spade:
SB Checks, HERO Bets $2 (Rem. Stack: 53.18), SB Calls $2 (Rem. Stack: 55.52)

Turn ($6.50): 7:heart: 4:heart: 2:spade: K:heart:
SB Checks, HERO Bets $4.25 (Rem. Stack: 48.93), SB Raises To $11.25 (Rem. Stack: 44.27), HERO Calls $7 (Rem. Stack: 41.93)

River ($29.00): 7:heart: 4:heart: 2:spade: K:heart: T:spade:
SB Bets $18.63 (Rem. Stack: 25.64), HERO Calls $18.63 (Rem. Stack: 23.30)

Comments

• Michael WMichael W Red Chipper Posts: 135 ✭✭
    depending on the type of fish this is an easy call down or an easy turn fold
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭
    -I can't see the replay, what is this? Your stats suggest 6-max or full ring. I'm guessing full ring.

- Where are you, BU?
    - Pre-flop- Definitely an open, however, 4 BB's is an opening error IMO. Your sizing basically says "FOLDDDDDD", and your BU opening range is gonna contain a ton of hands, therefore, you need to size down the 2-2.5 BB's opening which reflects a wider range. I know people are scared that they will be 3-bet off small opens from the BU, but by sizing so large, and keep the same wide opening range, your really exposing yourself to shrinking SPR, facing a strong calling range, and potentially having to play a large pot with mediocre holdings. Size it down.

-Your 80% pot flop bet screams of TP that wants the hand to end now, and all you've succeed in doing is forcing out worse hands and floats, getting action from likely better hands or hands that have good equity vs you, and now your building a pot with a hand that apparently doesn't really want action, and don't lie, in the back of your mind your praying for a 7 or a king to bail you out. What is your BU (I assume) opening range? If your saying that this is an exploitative bet sizing, I'd say your off the mark. If you had an overpair and wanted to target TP hands, then choose this explotative sizing. By sharing TP with him, and choosing this large sizing, as DJ Khalid says "congrats, you played yourself." Relax that bet sizing down to 30-40% my dude, and don't be afraid of later streets and poker.

-Turn- 66% now huh? What does this bet even accomplish? Your getting value from his :AH: 3x floats? If he didn't raise 65 or 53 on the flop why would he raise it now? If he had :AH: and a pair, sure, this could make sense, but now your not sure if he has a flush, a set, 2 pair or a pair and a FD.
    This is why A. Preflop sizing matters
    B. Your flop sizing is bad
    C. Your turn bet doesn't accomplish much
    D. eez nutz

- River- I mean...I dunno, you didn't have to be here. You gotta be right 30% of the time. Yeah V plays a ton of hands, and if you think he's gonna go nuts with 42, 72, 74, or :AH: flop pair, call it off. In my experience, fish who play way to many hands don't come alive with raises unless they got a good hand. Do the combination matrix of the above hands listed that your beating, that are beating you, and you'll find out if you are good 30% of the time.
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 237 ✭✭
    jfarrow13 wrote: »
    -I can't see the replay, what is this? Your stats suggest 6-max or full ring. I'm guessing full ring.

- Where are you, BU?
    - Pre-flop- Definitely an open, however, 4 BB's is an opening error IMO. Your sizing basically says "FOLDDDDDD", and your BU opening range is gonna contain a ton of hands, therefore, you need to size down the 2-2.5 BB's opening which reflects a wider range. I know people are scared that they will be 3-bet off small opens from the BU, but by sizing so large, and keep the same wide opening range, your really exposing yourself to shrinking SPR, facing a strong calling range, and potentially having to play a large pot with mediocre holdings. Size it down.

-Your 80% pot flop bet screams of TP that wants the hand to end now, and all you've succeed in doing is forcing out worse hands and floats, getting action from likely better hands or hands that have good equity vs you, and now your building a pot with a hand that apparently doesn't really want action, and don't lie, in the back of your mind your praying for a 7 or a king to bail you out. What is your BU (I assume) opening range? If your saying that this is an exploitative bet sizing, I'd say your off the mark. If you had an overpair and wanted to target TP hands, then choose this explotative sizing. By sharing TP with him, and choosing this large sizing, as DJ Khalid says "congrats, you played yourself." Relax that bet sizing down to 30-40% my dude, and don't be afraid of later streets and poker.

-Turn- 66% now huh? What does this bet even accomplish? Your getting value from his :AH: 3x floats? If he didn't raise 65 or 53 on the flop why would he raise it now? If he had :AH: and a pair, sure, this could make sense, but now your not sure if he has a flush, a set, 2 pair or a pair and a FD.
    This is why A. Preflop sizing matters
    B. Your flop sizing is bad
    C. Your turn bet doesn't accomplish much
    D. eez nutz

- River- I mean...I dunno, you didn't have to be here. You gotta be right 30% of the time. Yeah V plays a ton of hands, and if you think he's gonna go nuts with 42, 72, 74, or :AH: flop pair, call it off. In my experience, fish who play way to many hands don't come alive with raises unless they got a good hand. Do the combination matrix of the above hands listed that your beating, that are beating you, and you'll find out if you are good 30% of the time.

4x open?
    If Hero knows that V is a fish I like the sizings on F and T. In general you should not make huge adjustments until you have a decent sample size.
    Why do you say that his turn bet doesn't accomplish much? Great card for Hero's range and I guess he would barrel this card when he has a bluff as well. There are so many worse hands that can call here.
  • sb08icsb08ic GermanyRed Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I also like the sizings and the call down. Depending on the hand he shows you can adjust correctly in future hands (has he played a FD on the turn pretty much face up etc.?)
    And I mean it isn't like you are making a hero call here with Top Two. There are a couple of 2nd best hands here he can hold also.
  • Ray KRay K Red Chipper Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice and its 6max... i rarely play full ring
  • plokplok Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    [VPIP: 46.7% | PFR: 16.7% | AGG: 34.4% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 31] Although only 31 hands villain could very well be a passive fish.

Preflop
    It is a 2 BB open so no problem there.
    Flop
    Sizing is on the big side but I have no problem with that against a perceived passive fish but then again it drives out most of his worse hands that aren't good draws or good over cards. But his draws will certainly call.
    Turn
    With the flush draw arrived here I would not make a big bet here. Could even just check it back or make just a smallish (1/2 pot) raise to keep worse hands then yours in. His re-raise screams that your in trouble. If passive passive fish starts betting you should fold or have the NUTS. But as you hold two pair could make a screaming call. If you had more hands on him and he had that same VIP/PFR would gladly fold.
    River
    Villain bets again. Just fold it is not likely that a passive fish has a bluffing range here and the only donk hands that you beat are AK type of hands.
  • Ray KRay K Red Chipper Posts: 115 ✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file