Need a little help with a 1/2nl hand

smittyboi215smittyboi215 Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
Okay I have one spot that I believe could have been bad on my part. 2 villains 1 is an OMC other is a person I have history with. She's a short stacker and if she has ANYTHING she's putting it in. At this point I have about 200 covering both V's short stack has about 100 OMC has about 150. Hero has Ah Kd. Pre flop I made it 17 she calls omc calls. Flop AQ5 two hearts. First to act is the lady she bets 25 OMC makes it 75. Hero?

Best Answers

Answers

• smittyboi215smittyboi215 Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. I did put it in and I was in 3rd place. The lady had 55 and the older gentlemen had AQ and turned a Q. I started to fold on the flop but just couldn’t.
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Let's see what others think. Maybe there's some way to fold this. I would get it in, though, personally given the SPR.
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Eazzy wrote: »
    to me AK hates AQx boards...when you put a lot of money in pot the best hand they could call your ak your ahead of on an Ace high board is AQ and now you loose to that.

You have the Ah so they can't have top pair flush draw...in fact flush draws drom down from say 24 combos to12 to 16 when you hold the Ace of that suit.

So now you have seen a player donk 1/2 pot into a 3 way pot with a very large bet preflop. And on this A high board that everyone puts you on AK the other player and OMC now raises to 75....At best your chopping with AK and probably thats a strech...

This is an easy fold.....

In his example, I don't think so. His SPR dictates stacking off with TPTK. I'm not saying he's not behind but is he not pot committed at this point?
  • Ranceg29Ranceg29 Red Chipper Posts: 144 ✭✭
    I see that this question has been answered and results given but want to back up. Since you say you have history with OMC then what is the range your putting him on in this spot? Is he EVER doing this with AJ? Is he ever doing this with a FD? Combo Draw? Is he ONLY doing this with made hand consisting of AK or better?
  • Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    If you have KK instead with same SPR, will you still shove over bet and raise? To me this is easy fold or at least tank fold but still fold.
  • smittyboi215smittyboi215 Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Ranceg29 I don’t have history with the OMC.

I appreciate all the feedback. A friend / coach of mine that’s a winning player told me this is a fairly easy fold. In game time I felt I was blocking the Ace and that was good. But he explained how really bad that was because it cuts flush draw combos way down. All and all I’m fairly tight so I’m looking for spots to loosen up... I guess this was the wrong one to pick!!!! Thanks again all!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file