2/5 live Range against a maniac.

LoveFishLoveFish Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
I was playing 2/5 live with a 10$ straddle(everyone was straddling). Sat down to the table where maniac has about 2500-3000$ in front of him. Hero buys in for 500$.

Pre flop: Maniac would raise anywhere from 50$ to 110$ every hand regardless of his holdings. He did not fold one time pre flop regardless if someone limped would still bet 50$ to 110$ If someone open raised he would 3 bet big about 5x 50% of the time other 50% he would flat. He would call all jams and go all in against any 3 bets against him.

Yum Yum am I right!

Table dynamics were such that no other player would open bet. Most would limp call or limp jam.

My question is, what is a good range to limp jam all in pre flop with knowing that we will be called 100% of the time. I was thinking A 10 + KQ, KJ, QJ, pocket 99 and up. Thoughts?

Keep in mind if we are in early position and have other limpers behind us, we have are getting no information on them. If we are intending to jam with A10 or QJ

Comments

• Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    Play in position, get a seat change, just play your game but loosen up a little bit. Do not just wait for a chance to all in pre. Remember Tom Dwan gets AA as well.
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Mr. Dont wrote: »
    Play in position, get a seat change, just play your game but loosen up a little bit. Do not just wait for a chance to all in pre. Remember Tom Dwan gets AA as well.

no here you do not want to play in position. Get to the right of him. You limp he raises and you get to see what the rest of the field.

if your heads up with him 55+ any two suited above a 9 and any two unsuited has about 63% equjity....t9s has 54% equity.....and jto has 53% equity...low pair 22-66 actually have about 56% equity. 22 is just slightly better then break even and 55 has 60% equity...

suited connectors break even around 98s....A2o has 55% equity...so any ace is probably worth getting it in...k2o is about 50% and k7o is about 55%....

Pick a percentage and figure out which hand are there if the rest of the field folds to his big bet just jamb it in and hold on.....

Yum Yum am I right!

Yes
  • LoveFishLoveFish Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I think I will encorporate anything with 60% equity or above in the future if I have the pleasure of playing against him again. Personally I’m going to fold anything below that as I don’t want to be flipping for 500$. I know, I know, long term we come out a head. Thanks for the input.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file