Call on the river ???

giorgos pgiorgos p Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
Tight table 4 shortstacks
Villain 400$ opens from
Utg+1 10 ( villain loose/aggressive reg )
Villain 2 calls
Hero 370$ calls with :Ks :Jc
Two more calls
Flop :9s :7s :3s
Villain cbet 25
Villain folds
Hero calls two more folds

TURN
:Jh
Villain bets 55
Hero calls 55 ( villain dint like my call so no flushdraws )
River :Kh
Villain bets 130
Hero calls
Villain :7h :7c
Good call on not ?

Comments

• jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    Whew, OK a lot going on here. We need more info. $400 effective? Is this $1/2 or $1/3? First off, let's 3-bet this guy. KJo 4 handed vs an aggressive V looks a lot more like AK to me (it's the 4 handed beer goggles).

2. On the flop...man you got overs...and the 2nd nuts in a 4 handed game...I gotta raise here. I can fold out Ax that's beating me, I can fold out PPs, I can fold out soooooo much that either A has a bunch of equity vs me or B is currently ahead of me. When you take this line...it looks exactly like what you have...a high spade. This guy isn't ever paying you if the spade comes in, so why not use the ole FE to our advantage in order to squeeze some EV from this hand. And you got position? Look, how are you gonna play your middling flushes? You just gonna flat it? I think not. How about your top sets? Flat? You gotta balance your made hands with semi-bluff hands, hands that have equity when called. This makes you really difficult to play against, and guess what, if you play this hand really aggressively, and shove the turn...I think V likely has to fold his set.

What makes you think V didn't like your call? How do you know he doesn't have a FD? If I have a FD and I barrel the turn and get called, I don't like people calling me either lol. All you live tell told you is that V doesn't have a flush, if your positive on your read.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭
    What hands triple barrel (incl almost pot size bet on flop) AND you beat? T9 ? With TT ? QQ ? 97 ? Do they really trip ? I think the only combo V bet for value you beat is Js9x.
    All others are either (in a merged range) made flush, straight T8 (and ev. QT, esp. if Qs), and sets.
    You may have top 2P on river, but I don't think it's good enough, enough of the time.
  • giorgos pgiorgos p Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    First of all thanks for your reply ,villain is an aggro reg ,he puts a lot of pressure in general and we have played together lot of 4 bet pots ....when i made the call on the turn he looked at me with a curiosity as if he didn t want the call so all AS: :Ts , AS: :Qs ,AS: :Js is out im blocking KS: brodway combos so when he cbet 5way in his range has all the premium with spade ,some brodway combos with :AS:, 10-QQ with spade , 99,77,33 ... When he had pill the 3rd barrel with 77 i can t find a hand which V extract value. For me river bet is polarized and all the TOP TOP are out from the turn live tell, vs me i think :As blocker is a 3barrel frm villain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file