Help with a Hand King Flush

SamBurnettN17SamBurnettN17 Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
Hey Red Chippers,

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the hand that I played which is below. I have been as detailed as possible and have tried to note my thinking whilst playing this hand as well as the spots where I am not sure if I made the correct move. Would be grateful for your constructive input!

I am MP stack 1941 currently 3rd biggest stack size on a 6 man table Blinds 120/60

I hold Q 10 OS Clubs and Diamonds
BB Limps in, I feel as though Q 10 OS is too good to throw away as BB never raised I am putting him on a range of maybe suited connectors Maybe he holds a king, however Villain is not folding has played over 70% of the flops seen and we have been playing for around 40 minutes at this point so I decide to check behind him.

Flop comes K 9 J Suited Hearts

Table checks to me Villain who raises 1/3 Pot I think here if Villain holds a Flush he would probably shove or at least pot bet here. With my straight I decide to bet 2/3 pot bet thinking about Core's lesson on sizing that I have just been studying. Also I feel as though this (value/protection bet) could deny Villain some equity incase he holds one heart making the flush on a later street.

Villain calls my bet pot now 1650 Effective Stack me 1221

Turn Comes 2 of Hearts Villain checks. I check behind Villain. I don't know if this spot was a raise spot but I felt as though Villain could well be holding a heart and could be an obvious trap re-raise to me so I decided to check behind.

River comes 6 of Hearts so Community Cards are K9J26 All Hearts.

Villain then bets 920. I know he can only hold one card here that will win the pot and not split it with me as we have a King Flush on the board so I call. And of course he holds the Ace of Hearts.

My big problem spots here I think were do I raise pre-flop or throw away or did I make the correct decision by limping (the CO and Bttn both folded giving me position anyway as luck would have it)

Should I have shoved post flop or did I make the correct play

And did I make the correct call to check behind on the turn (I know now that it was a trap as Villian had allready made a flush but obviously I did not at the time) Anyway any advice would be much appreciated and apologies for the essay of info!

Comments

• Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Any heart beats you on the river, from the 3 on up.
  • Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    @persuadeo made a post (a good while back) that gave the format for detailing a hand for review. Sure it's still around somewhere.

Here, there is just too much info missing to get good feedback. I assume this is a tourney of some sort? The terminology is hard to follow also... the BB cannot limp in, but you can. Table checks to you... how many are in this hand? Etc...

Appreciate that you are posting hands and I realize that it's a bit nerve wracking at first. Getting the format and terminology down will help you tremendously.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,939 -
    http://persuadeo.nl/hand-histories/ It's not just an excellent map for producing a clear HH, it has a lot of bearing on how to think about hands.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • SamBurnettN17SamBurnettN17 Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Thanks guys I will check this out now thanks for your help! Just responding to the comment that any heart above a 3 beats me on the river. As their is a King high flush on the board am I not right in thinking that Villain can only win with an Ace of hearts?

I will look at this link and make sure my hands have the correct grammar and formats in future! Thanks all
    Thanks guys I will check this out now thanks for your help! Just responding to the comment that any heart above a 3 beats me on the river. As their is a King high flush on the board am I not right in thinking that Villain can only win with an Ace of hearts?

I will look at this link and make sure my hands have the correct grammar and formats in future! Thanks all

Nope, all they need is a heart in their hand that plays, so with the 2 on board a 3 in the hand does it.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • SamBurnettN17SamBurnettN17 Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Ah I got you, apologies I was under the impression that only five cards can be played but if a Flush is shown on the board like this instance and Vilian shows any Heart higher than the lowest community card of that Suit he wins the pot?
    Would I be correct in saying that if I held say a 4 of Hearts and Vilian held 3 of Hearts the pot would be split as we are both holding a suited card or would the pot then be split? This would obviously Presume he doesn't have an Ace to make Ace Flush but is instead using the community cards of King Flush...
    Sorry probably a Newb question but only one way to find out information that you don't know!
    The trick is to see who has the highest 5-card flush. KJ963 beats KJ962.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file