Finale Table short stacked

Matthew FitzgeraldMatthew Fitzgerald Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
10th player just got eliminated on 2nd table. 2 tables are currently merging. So our table is still 5 handed but were technically at final table.
Blinds are 6k/12k 600 ante
Hero BB had 50k A8o
Villian button 120k
Villian shoves all in pre
SB folds.
There is about 70k in the pot I have 48k left.
So 48 to win 118k 2.45 to 1
Hero decides to call his shove because I think im ahead and beieve his button ahove range is pretty wide. If he had a monster I dont think he shoves but bets 2 or 2.5 the blinds for value.
Anyway hero calls villian shows K10 spike the king we bust our 9th.

I think I made the right call because If I fold I have 3.5 BBs left after sb and dont have any fold equity. What do you all think right call or should I fold and wait for a better spot. (Which I'd only have 7 hands to get one)

Comments

• MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 87 ✭✭
    What is the pay schedule like? A call is fine but you got unlucky. Better how did you get to 4 BB? Did you just loose a big hand our were you blinded down? Try to never get below 10BB with 4 BB there is no pressure for others to fold
  • Matthew FitzgeraldMatthew Fitzgerald Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I had about 17 BBs but got unlucky a round earlier with my AQ vs A7. I had about 7BBs then but was 1 person from final table. With 1 other stack at 3BBs. Chip leader had about 45BBs ( this is online)
    I have been trying to stop min cashing and run deep more so final table was a huge goal for me. Anyways
    Payout went 9th 295. 8th 455, 7th 545, and so on 1st was 4k. 55 dollar buy in
    Thats why I think being a little nitty here is ok. Yeah I've only got 7 hands till I'm forced into action. But I could easily be making another 150 or more by then. But now that I'm at the final table I want to win this thing and I need chips for that. I'm thinking how am I gonna get a better spot than this to almost triple up so I called. I watched another round of the table after I busted everyone was playing tight folding so likely would have been forced into it before someone got knocked out anyway.
  • MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 87 ✭✭
    Were there no unraised pots between taking the hit an 4BB where you could have applied a little more pressure to on the others to fold? While looking to Final table is ok you should be looking to win and when others go into Nit mode is a good time to open up
  • Matthew FitzgeraldMatthew Fitzgerald Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    No there was about 6 hands in between these two and I had garbage the entire time. Other players were minraising everyhand pushing around chips which was why I decided to wait for the 3BB guy to be forced on which is what happened

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file