Call Stations - How to deal with barreling.

Jaymes BJaymes B Red Chipper Posts: 61 ✭✭
Sometimes I am in a hand with a call station and you raise pre-flop and do not hit on the river. What are some good strategies to get them off the hand if they are checking to you and calling you down with bottom pair.

Comments

• Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Be patient and wait until you can beat bottom pair? If you're playing against a calling station, you should not be trying to move them off pots. If they are going to call with hands with any showdown value, you shouldn't try to bluff them off pots on the river.

Patience is the key here, in my opinion. Wait until you've got a made hand and let them pay you off. No need to bash your head against a wall without a made hand if they aren't going to move them off anyway.

Those are my thoughts at least. Interested to hear what others say.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Jaymes B wrote: »
    Sometimes I am in a hand with a call station and you raise pre-flop and do not hit on the river. What are some good strategies to get them off the hand if they are checking to you and calling you down with bottom pair.

By definition, you don't "get [calling station's] off the hand" by betting. That's why they're called "calling stations".

The question, rather, is how do you exploit calling stations since you can't bet them off a hand?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file