Big Blinds ???

Jorge MendezJorge Mendez Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
If in a tournament and the blinds are 1,000 2,000 and no ante if your stack is 40,000 then you have 20 big blinds i get that but if you add a 100 ante do you still have 20 bigs or what is it is big blind ante tourney with a 2,000 ante do you still have 20 bigs.
Tagged:

Comments

• jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Research Dan Harrington's M theory. Short answer, yes of course you still have that many big blinds, but no that is probably not the number your'e interested in.
  • MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 80 ✭✭
    With ante’s you want to look at orbit cost (M) so your M in your first example with 100 antes is 10, the M with the BB ante will work the same with a 2K BBA your cost is 5K per orbit which will lower your M to 8. Keep In mind that a 2K BBA is basically just a 200 ante paid once per orbit
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭✭
    You still have 20BB
    But your pot odds are better because there is more dead money in the middle.
  • Michael EMichael E Red Chipper Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Agree with Red. You can calculate your M if you like...or just use the BB and play accordingly.
    I've never calculated my M...but intuitively I get that if I have 15BB with ante's in play...I need to double up soon!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file