MP Limp/Call range short stack MTT

Lachlan versluisLachlan versluis Red Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Tournament Poker Hands
Hero BB 56k behind, 1k/2k blinds, MP2 limps (100k~), BTN all in for 2k, hero raises to 8k, MP2 calls. Flop :Js :8s :2d
Hero leads for 8k
MP2 jams and has hero covered
What kind of range can you put MP2 on here? Alot of spade draws, maybe pocket 2's maybe pocket 8's (do these jam PF?). I feel like J's jam PF unless being trappy. Gutshots and up and down straight draws and maybe some overcards getting out of line. J10+ probably. Just my thoughts, would love to hear yours.
Cheers.

Comments

• Lachlan versluisLachlan versluis Red Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Trying to put this into equliab and solve myself but I have no idea what kind of a starting range to assign a limp call at these stack depths.
  • Rich57Rich57 Red Chipper Posts: 97 ✭✭
    I am thinking JJ+ is probably a 3 bet, maybe 99-1010 as well. Once the BUT goes all in and the BB offers better than 2-1 on a call, I might think 22-88, A2s+ ATB, 76s+ and a smattering of A9o, J9o and such. Many times, in tournaments, callers will sort of expect this to check down so that one of you can eliminate the BUT (you gave no information on how close to the bubble and relative stack sizes of other players). Once you make the dreaded "same bet" of 8 into a 21k pot (see Kat's recent article), MP2 can very easily put you to the test with his entire range,much of which this flop hits harder than your raising range

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file