Population Tendencies NL 10

GiofromrioGiofromrio Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
Hey Team,
due to very restricted time i switched to NL10 zoom poker. I mainly play on PartyPoker but occasionally Pokerstars.
I really have been struggling so far,although i think my general poker knowledge should be enough to at least be slightly winning on these limits.
Due to a very small samplesize of hands and the missing reads i dont really know how to exploit my opponents.
Does anybody know any population tendencies on these limits?
Cheers Gio

Comments

• AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    People love calling with top pairs.
    People usually don't bluff enough.
    River raises are super strong.
    Limp/reraises are AA 90% of the time.
    Hope this helps :)
  • GiofromrioGiofromrio Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Nice,thanks. Yeah I really lost tons when i tried to bluffcatch or tried to launch big bluffs. That is probably the mainexploit. Playing aggressive but be cautious with your bluffs once you get called.
    What do you think,is that the right adaption?
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    I think the main exploit is to value bet huge, they are not folding trips on paired boards. They are not folding boats, king high flushes etc...
  • wadler64wadler64 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    for the most part I would say if they 3 barrel they have it as well as river check raises. Don't count on them bluffing to much except most people are cbetting 90% on the flop.
  • magicpigmagicpig Red Chipper Posts: 97 ✭✭
    MDA Question

In low stakes online (or any stakes) do players over probe the turn from the blinds after the in position pre flop raiser has checked?

Big blind players?
    Small blind players?

Thank you.
  • EurocratEurocrat Red Chipper Posts: 40 ✭✭
    I don't have the numbers to back me, but I would certainly say so. And I don't even think it's that wrong because most regs at these levels don't have a balanced check-behind range on the flop. I would also say that these people floatbet a lot when they are given the chance.

I don't think that there is a significant difference in tendencies depending on whether they are SB/BB - but of course, SB ranges should be stronger than BB ranges.
    edited December 2
    magicpig wrote: »
    MDA Question

In low stakes online (or any stakes) do players over probe the turn from the blinds after the in position pre flop raiser has checked?

Big blind players?
    Small blind players?

Thank you.

I should have tagged The Grandmaster of MDA:

@w34z3l
  • RussRuss Red Chipper Posts: 110 ✭✭
    MDA Question
    Big blind players?
    Small blind players?
    Thank you.

I've got a huge database of 10nl hands, mostly from ACR and Pokerstars. I ran the probe turn stat from Pokertracker 4 with a filter of the SB and the BB:
    SB: 41.73
    BB: 43.76
    Overall, with no filter, "probe turn" returned at 42.9
    Pokertrackers definition of "probe turn" stat:
    Percentage of the time that a player bets out of position on the turn after calling a preflop raise, checking the flop and the aggressor checks the flop also.
    Formula: Number of Times Player Probe Bet on the Turn / Number of Times Player Could Probe Bet on the Turn
    edited December 3

Russ wrote: »
    MDA Question
    Big blind players?
    Small blind players?
    Thank you.

I've got a huge database of 10nl hands, mostly from ACR and Pokerstars. I ran the probe turn stat from Pokertracker 4 with a filter of the SB and the BB:
    SB: 41.73
    BB: 43.76
    Overall, with no filter, "probe turn" returned at 42.9
    Pokertrackers definition of "probe turn" stat:
    Percentage of the time that a player bets out of position on the turn after calling a preflop raise, checking the flop and the aggressor checks the flop also.
    Formula: Number of Times Player Probe Bet on the Turn / Number of Times Player Could Probe Bet on the Turn

Wow! Thank you so much, @Russ!

I was always curious about this spot.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7
    The most important thing you have to do is tagging players, profiling them. The money will come from fishes and donks, concentrate on them. Don't feel the necessity to fight with ''regs'' at this stage, if there are any at this limit for what it worth.

Don't feel the need to bluff a lot, instead bluff with an equity driven strategy, logical bluffs which are good semi-bluffs. Restrain yourself to bluff a lot OOP in general at this limit.

This might not feel natural at first but you'll have to use protection bets a lot also because players at lower stakes loves to call draws so you don't want them to get closer to equity realization in general when you hold a made hand on drawy boards. This requires you though to have a good knowledge of boards textures and ranges. Restrain yourself to second barrels a lot when draws come in on turn.

The most important thing is don't feel the need to play tricky at NL10, value bet and size up in general with good hands and strong draws. You'll have to probe and float bet a lot in logical spots given formations (RA/RD).

You need to play a very basic but solid style at this stake and this will mostly rely on your ability to hand read your opponent and have a good textural knowledge in concordance with that.

At NL10, players are ready to give you their money, when you feel it is a close spot fold and move on, don't waste your time overthinking, you'll have plenty of other spots hugely more profitable.

Get you fundamentals tight and you should move up rapidly if you avoid the dark side of variance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file