Constructing a Squeeze Range at 1/2 Live

__main____main__ Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
I'm reading through OAK right now, and am on the chapter where I need to write down my ranges.

I've done most of it (I think) correctly, but I'm not sure on the 'Squeeze' section.

Should it be the maybe top 75% of my 3Bet range? Should it be wider? I would imagine that a decent size squeeze gets called actually pretty often at my games, so I think I'm mostly going to want to do it for value.

In general, some thoughts on my ranges would be nice, too. I've been piecing it together from multiple resources, a second pair of eyes on it to make sure there are no catastrophic errors would be great.

Here's a link to it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kAACqNk_1T7MFX-0N3N5K4bEqy56S9vf9pDgua-qVKE/edit?usp=sharing
Tagged:

Comments

• LoveFishLoveFish Red Chipper Posts: 28 ✭✭
    I disagree that a lot gets called. Generally in a multi way limp pot I’ll squeeze 17 to 20$ In position with a very wide range. If there is a raise to say 10$ To 12$ and several callers then my range will be tight to 3 bet.
  • __main____main__ Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    @LoveFish What do you think, based on my sheet, would be a decent squeeze range then? Assuming we have more fold equity than I am giving my opponents credit for.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    You should ask yourself what is the difference between a "3bet" and a "squeeze"
    Red wrote: »
    You should ask yourself what is the difference between a "3bet" and a "squeeze"

I think it's simply when you are 3-betting vs more than one player? To try and get folds since a 2bet call range is somewhat capped and you can generate decent amounts of folds. Could be wrong, though.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,919 -
    You said you assumed squeezes get called often in your game. With that in mind..

1. Do you suspect the squeeze gets called by 1 person? 2? 3+?
    2. If 1, can you easily expand your "value" range when squeezing?
    3. If 2+, what will the SPR be after they call you?

Start there given the assumption you made in your game.

(FWIW, ime, squeeze sizes can be quite large and typically garner quite a few folds. Not all games function that way though.)
    My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent
    edited November 4
    @SplitSuit

1. I'd imagine everyone that called continues, which seems to usually be about 3 players. Last time I squeezed in the SB to 36 (which, to be fair, is probably too small), all 3 previous callers the original 6$ open which made it a very low SPR hand
    2. I'm not sure. My original assumption is I should play more premiums instead of expanding my range here since I will often be called. I might be misunderstanding the question though
    3. SPR will typically be 1-2.5 range after a squeeze like the one outlined in question 1 at my game

With these thoughts I feel QQ+/AKo/AKs is the only really reasonable squeeze range? Online I use TT+/AJs+/KQs but seems to wide for here. Would love additional thoughts.

Thanks!
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squeezing is a little like lying. It's not just saying something that not true. To be a lie, you have to actually believe that what you're saying is not true. "Squeezing for value" is basically an oxymoron.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file