Who else folds here?

obliviusoblivius San FranciscoRed Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
Quick hand for the troops... Way ahead way behind situation...
100bb effective 6max micros
Hero opens from UTG 3x :Ac :Kc
Villian in BB flats (26/17/4 over 500 hands)
over all decent lag stats and I've never seen the guy spaz out.

Flop :Kh :9h :Kd (6.5bb)
check, check (I'm sure after the fact that I should have made a small fcb)

Turn :2c (6.5bb)
check, Hero bets 4bb and V x-raised to 15bb which I flat

River is a :6d (36bb) and V lead shoves his 82bb stack

I tank folded believing that he only does this with K9, 99, 22, K2s, K6s ... He's not a maniac
I couldn't give him any logical bluffs and seems like Kx would probably check/call
I was a difficult fold for my brain but perhaps the right one....

Comments

• A684977A684977 Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    He would have 3bet AK preflight, right?
    Is K9, K2s, K6s in his preflop calling range with these stats? I doubt it. KQ and KJ could be there.
    On the turn villain could sometimes be semi-bluffing with hearts. Your call on the turn is showing quite a lot of strength. So I expect the river shove to be done with a made hand and since only 1 king is left most of his made hands are beating you.
  • LoveFishLoveFish Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    1st you should Cbet here 95% of the time. I feel like you should call the river here most of the time. He has plenty that could have missed. Ax of hearts. QJ or J 10 hearts other combo draws etc.... He might even raise here with KQ. If he has K 9 or something silly I think you are paying him off. I don’t think I could fold.
  • A684977A684977 Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    @lovefish, is he check-raising so frequently with Axhh here? Wouldn’t villain lead that much more frequently on the turn?
    After we 3bet preflop and call the check-raise on the turn, wouldn’t we have a K very frequently making a river shove with worse or as a bluff by our opponent a bit risky?
  • GiofromrioGiofromrio Red Chipper Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November 3
    Tough Spot. First of all i definitely cbet flop around 2/3 3/4 Pot. I'm targeting JT,QT,KT,KJ,KQ,medium PPs and FDs with this bet. There are not really many turncards which improve villains range,that you have beat to pay you off.
    But enough worse hands that call you on the Flop. Also you potentially loose the pot control by checking.
    On the river he represents the nuts, which could be K9,99 or 22. I rule out 66,because he, would likely not raise those on the turn. So 3 combos 22,3 combos 99 i assume he would only call you preflop with K9s,which is due to blocking effects only Ks9s,so 1combo. Assuming i am right there are 7 combos that beat you.
    Do you think he is capable of overbet shove his missed draws,does he do that with KT,KJ,KQ? If yes you would have had an easy call.
    Does that sound reasonable :))
  • obliviusoblivius San FranciscoRed Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    yes very reasonable Gio.... I would expect a riv check back with K-T,J,Q... I'm not sure he'd check with AK. I felt he was targeting my Kx with a made FH. I don't think hed shove bluff there. Maybe bluff sometimes but a shove??? We'll never know... THX

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file