Weird line with KQo

DPokerTDPokerT Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
6 Max online, 20 NL
Effective stacks 160 BB Hero UTG with :Qs :Kc , opens to 3 BB, HJ 4 bets to 9 BB. Folds around, Hero 4 bets to 20 BB. (my read on V is that he is nitty, and will be overfolding to 4 bets.) V calls.
Pot: 41.5 BB
Flop: :2c :6d :Tc Hero checks, V checks behind (in retrospect I think I should have C-Bet here, since I have a range advantage and this flop misses V's calling range.
Turn: :8d Hero checks, V bets 20 BB, Hero calls (81.5 BB)
River: :9c Hero bets 41 BB, V folds. (My thought here was that I block all of V's club combos, and as played my hand looks like :Ac :Kc )

So, couple questions:
1) is a 4 bet here sensible vs a nitty villain or just LAGtarded?
2) Should I be C-betting this flop here?
Tagged:

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    DPokerT wrote: »
    1) is a 4 bet here sensible vs a nitty villain or just LAGtarded?
    Depends on his fold-to-4bet %.
    Live, someone 3betting isn't someone folding. (Low stake, it's often someone 5-bet shove as most of low stakes players only smth like 3bet QQ+ and are happy to play for stacks preflop)
    DPokerT wrote: »
    2) Should I be C-betting this flop here?
    Depends on your range and how it hits the flop (i.e. on your 4bet range).
    Depends on Villain's range and what combo you target.
  • LoveFishLoveFish Red Chipper Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Why are you 4 betting someone who is a nit? What do you think a nits 3 bet range is ?????????
  • obliviusoblivius San FranciscoRed Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    +1... Nits may overfold but they certainly do not 3b wide or polar...
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 149 ✭✭
    If he's a nit, his three betting range could be as tight as KK+, AK... he's folding that to a 4bet?
  • DeadliftsDeadlifts Red Chipper Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Just curious, how many times did you see villain fold to a 4bet? Enough times to make this assumption that he's overfolding? I ask, since 4bets aren't exactly something we see a ton of in the micros. Also, people on here can correct me, but you chose to 3bet someone you classified as a nit, opting to play an offsuit broadway hand OOP, do take this same line with KJ?
  • AHallai_3AHallai_3 Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I would have folded to the 3-bet OOP with a marginal hand. Maybe call if it was KQs. With effective stacks where they are, it’s difficult to play this hand not only out of position, but with high reverse implied odds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file