TKo BB | Handreview

H4ppyH4ppy Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 60.00, PFR: 40.00, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 5)
Hero (BB): 144.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has :TS: :KS:
fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Thoughts: I guess it is ok just to call in this spot? A raise would have been a little to much I guess?. Unfortunately this is one of villains first hands so I can't really tell what ranges he opens with. But I decided to simply call to get to the flop

Flop : (6 BB, 2 players) :7H: :AC: :2S:
SB bets 4 BB, Hero calls 4 BB

Thoughts: Should I have folded here already? The flop seems not too good for both of us and it looked to me like he simply wants to fire a cbet to scare me a little

Turn : (14 BB, 2 players) :KH:
SB bets 6.8 BB, Hero calls 6.8 BB

Thoughts: Could this be the big misplay? I thought about raising but what to raise with? Maybe A7s,K7s or 22? Really unsure what to do here.

River : (27.6 BB, 2 players) :9H:
SB checks, Hero bets 8 BB, SB calls 8 BB

Thoughts: I guess I have to admit that this river bet is a fiasco. Originally I wanted to get weaker pairs to call, but this probably doesn't make sense when he checks first. Guess I should have bet something like a 2/3 bet to get some fold equity? Or am I getting that wrong.

Hero shows Ts Ks (One Pair, Kings)
(Pre 40%, Flop 6%, Turn 11%)

SB shows As Jc (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 60%, Flop 94%, Turn 89%)

SB wins 41.8 BB

I would be happy to hear your opinions since I am still struggling really hard with some situations. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Preflop call is fine.

With backdoor flush & straight and position you can call flop I think, with the plan to give up on turn if we don't improve and face a bet.

I think folding turn would be a mistake. If you fold here probably should re-think flop strategy. Raising is just pointless so I think a flat is again fine.

River I would check back. Your hand has more than enough SDV.
    If you bet I think you're folding out hands that are worse than yours (weaker pairs and bluffs) and you're getting called by better (e.g. Ax).

I grind these stakes too so I guess this could be a lesson for the both of us :P

In the title of this thread you say you had KTo but in the HH you had KTs. If you really had KTo I'd discourage calling flop without a better read.
  • H4ppyH4ppy Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    @LeChiffre Oh yes I see the title is wrong. unfortunately, I don't think I can change it
    I'm sure @TheGameKat will comply :)
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 273 ✭✭
    I like the call preflop and the float on the flop. I'm a little bit confused why V used a big sizing with AJ on such a dry board. Once you are on the turn you should call, he could have some draws and people don't like to give up in blind battles. On the river I agree with LeChiffre, check back is the best play.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file