Was this the right call?

JeebJeeb Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Online Poker Hands
PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $6.78 (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
SB: $3.10 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
BB: $4.58 (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 8)
UTG: $2.18 (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
MP: $1.97
Hero (CO): $5.32

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has :AD: :TS:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.05, fold, fold, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.11, 2 players) :TD: :TH: :5D:
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.11, 2 players) :QH:
BB checks, Hero bets $0.02, BB calls $0.02

River: ($0.15, 2 players) :5S:
BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.90

BB shows :TC: :QC: (Full House, Tens full of Queens)
(Pre 32%, Flop 20%, Turn 93%)
Hero mucks :AD: :TS: (Full House, Tens full of Fives)
(Pre 68%, Flop 80%, Turn 7%)
BB wins $2.27

Pre : I think this is a standard open at 2.5x
Flop : I checked as I felt i didn't need much protection as i have trip with top kicker and nut back door flush draw
Turn : Wanted to incite action from the pair of queens or some lower trips
River : I felt I was ahead of Villain range and wanted to get called by worse trips
When he raised, i thought he had trips and was trying to buy the pot off or maybe had four of a kind or fullhouses. One combo of quads, i see 3 combos of full houses and by comparison i see alot more weaker trips making it all the way.

My questions would be :
  1. Should i had bet flop?
  2. Is this just a check on river?
  3. Are we still calling river raise?
  4. Anything else you would like to add?

As always, all input is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    Hey cool, I'm also playing 6-max zoom 2nl on Stars at the moment. If your username is also Jeeb I'm pretty sure we've bumped into each other a number of times.

Agree with pre open and flop check. Hard to get value from anything as you've got the board covered very hard and don't need to protect your hand.

Never check river. Can easily get value from Tx and Qx, pocket pairs or even ace-highs if you bet small enough. Happily get it in after a shove, no need to think about it. As you say only a couple of hands beat you and villain could easily bluff into you with missed flushes or over-value 5x. Besides, you have chopping equity.

Betting small to incite action from Qx on the turn doesn't really make much sense to me. If he has a Qx he'd call larger too or bet it himself. In fact I think you're giving away your strength here. Would you bet so small as a bluff?

• JeebJeeb Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Hey cool, I'm also playing 6-max zoom 2nl on Stars at the moment. If your username is also Jeeb I'm pretty sure we've bumped into each other a number of times.

My name isn't Jeeb on Stars but i think we might have bumped into each other once or twice. I'll make sure to stay out of your way next time ;)
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Betting small to incite action from Qx on the turn doesn't really make much sense to me. If he has a Qx he'd call larger too or bet it himself. In fact I think you're giving away your strength here. Would you bet so small as a bluff?

Good question, it was more like a bet to see if they had that fold to any bet box checked out. Thinking about it, i don't believe i do bet this small ever.

Thxs for the review LeChiffre
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    Jeeb wrote: »
    My name isn't Jeeb on Stars but i think we might have bumped into each other once or twice. I'll make sure to stay out of your way next time ;)

Name on Stars is LuckyLuuk157. Put in a min-bet after flopping trips and I'll know it's you lol
  • Michael WMichael W Red Chipper Posts: 135 ✭✭
    to know if you have to call here you need to know how high up in your range you are on this river and based on the previous streets´ actions.
    to know this you need to know your exact range you are arriving with on the river.
    to know this you need to know your turn ranges.
    to know these you need to know your flop ranges.
    to know these you need to know your preflop range in the cutoff whith these 3 players still to act.
    so start with your preflop range. then the BB calling range and then think about which hands you cbet on the flop and which hands you check back and why.
  • GinguesGingues Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
  • Show_Me_The_MoneyShow_Me_The_Money Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Michael W wrote: »
    to know if you have to call here you need to know how high up in your range you are on this river and based on the previous streets´ actions.
    to know this you need to know your exact range you are arriving with on the river.
    to know this you need to know your turn ranges.
    to know these you need to know your flop ranges.
    to know these you need to know your preflop range in the cutoff whith these 3 players still to act.
    so start with your preflop range. then the BB calling range and then think about which hands you cbet on the flop and which hands you check back and why.

This is a good starting framework to deal with this type of hand. I will implement my ranges in this fashion to help set up plans better. I really like this comment.
  • Show_Me_The_MoneyShow_Me_The_Money Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Yeah i think by the time you hit the river card and he shoves .90 cents you have to start thinking that he could've slow played pocket 5s, pocket queens, maybe something like Q10s there are a few hands that beat yours before river card that he could be slow playing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file