TP, cold4betpot, dry runout, river decision

Michael WMichael W Red Chipper Posts: 135 ✭✭
6 max Zoom

the openraiser in the CO is a standard tag who steals 33% and folds 8/10 to 3bets, so ye, i would 3bet him relentlessly.

the restaler in the SB is pretty laggy guy (at least preflop) 31/27 3bet: 14% after 177 hands. no foldto4bet stat yet.

im cold4bet bluffing here a lot, my hand in this particular situation is just a bonus (blockers, suited). cold4bets are perceived super strong in this pool (nl5) and im having great success with bluffing here.

only slight issue is that i am 200 bb deep with CO so he might be inclined to call with a wider range which would give sb great odds to call as well.

turns out i go HU to the flop IP vs the 3better in the SB. the typical 4bet calling range of an nl5 reg is like AQ/AK, TT+ (yep, had it a dozen times that ppl call 4bets for 100bb with KK and occasionally AA), sometimes a bit wider like 99 and KQs. i have no idea about this guys range here tho, so i go with the player pools tendencies.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 Spieler) - PokerStars Zoom Converter Tool from http://de.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($4.73)
SB ($7.52)
Hero (BB) ($15.65)
UTG ($8.60)
MP ($4.93)
CO ($10.19)

Preflop: Hero ist BB mit Adiamond.gif, Jdiamond.gif
2 folds, CO raises to $0.12, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.45, Hero raises to $1.02, 1 fold, SB calls $0.57

Flop: ($2.16) 2club.gif, Aspade.gif, 5diamond.gif (2 Spieler)
SB checks, Hero checks

probably the driest flop i can get, but i dont think i can go for 3 streets of value. unless my opponent is a complete fish, he wont call 3 streets w a hand worse than mine.
also i do have all sets and all 2 pairs here (cept 52). so check behind ok?

Turn: ($2.16) 8heart.gif (2 Spieler)
SB bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

great turn, rather big turn probe. i wouldnt have a probing range here as villain.
so i call. raising doesnt make sense cause a) domination issue when called and b) it would unprotect my weaker holdings (KK, QQ ...) ----> that means i dont have a raising range here at all (not even AA, 88 etc), because what bluffs do i have here to polarize. correct?

River: ($4.96) 2spade.gif (2 Spieler)
SB checks, Hero checks

Gesamt Pot: $4.96 | Rake: $0.21

i cant ask for a better runout obv. is this to weak to not bet here? i think i end up checking here a lot vs regulars after they probe turn. i would bet here vs fish 100% tho.
after my flop check, i dont have stuff like 64s, 76, 33 anymore, but i do have a lot more Axs in my range. would you agree that this hand might be the bottom of my value betting range and that it would be a bet/f then?

Ergebnisse :
SB hat 6spade.gif, 7spade.gif (one pair, twos).
Hero hat Adiamond.gif, Jdiamond.gif (two pair, Aces and twos).
Ergebnis: Hero gewinnt $4.75

Comments

• Michael WMichael W Red Chipper Posts: 135 ✭✭
  • Michael WMichael W Red Chipper Posts: 135 ✭✭
    well ok then, at least tell me how i work it out myself?
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
    I think I like the 4-bet pre.

Flop and turn pretty standard.

I think you missed value on the river. Doesnt have to be large, somewhere in the 20--30% ballpark.

• Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    I am going to address the flop exclusively because IMO this is the most important part of the hand.

"probably the driest flop i can get, but i dont think i can go for 3 streets of value. unless my opponent is a complete fish, he wont call 3 streets w a hand worse than mine."

You are thinking about your individual hand. Lets try to think about this spot through the lens of our entire range.

lets estimate the hands you can have in this spot:

TT+, AQ, ATs+, A2s, KQs?

I know you mentioned you are exploiting the field by 4bet bluffing often, but im not sure going much looser than this will yield you EV in the long run.

As the 4 bettor you have way more Ax in your range than the 3bet/caller. In fact, you have all the AK, AA while a LAG will almost never have these hands. Because your range is so much stronger than your opponent's range in this spot, you are incentivized to bet frequently, if not always on the flop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file