turned 2 pair facing big overbet, call or shove?

Michael WMichael W Red Chipper Posts: 135 ✭✭
6 max zoom,

villain unknown, no stats at all.

pre and flop standard imo.

turn is a bit weird. he bets 2.3x pot, if i call i have about potsize left. i mean calling here would be really strong already no? i dont think he would jam missed draws on the river then, so i decided to jam myself. only issue: what bluffs do i have here? :4s :3s would have c/r the flop, :Ts :8s probably too. broadway spades shouldnt raise here, right?

so yes, i dont have bluffs here, but he polarizes real hard, so he has draw (spades most of the times) or at least TPTK(?), tho :As :Ks or any :As :Xs shouldnt overbet imo.

shove ok?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 Spieler) - PokerStars Zoom Converter Tool from http://de.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($17.33)
SB ($5.03)
Hero (BB) ($5)
UTG ($5.66)
MP ($3.76)
CO ($7.12)

Preflop: Hero ist BB mit 7club.gif, Aheart.gif
3 folds, Button raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 7spade.gif, 2spade.gif, 9heart.gif (2 Spieler)
Hero checks, Button bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.62) Adiamond.gif (2 Spieler)
Hero checks, Button bets $1.40, Hero raises to $4.70 (All-In), 1 fold

Gesamt Pot: $3.42 | Rake: $0.14

Ergebnisse :
Hero didn't show 7club.gif, Aheart.gif.

Comments

• Michael WMichael W Red Chipper Posts: 135 ✭✭
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what is important here is to just examine your assumptions. Against the outer edges of sizing and shrinking spr, yes your bluffs fall away, but these spots are really no different than a series of raises that would have gotten you to a similar spot differently. He can still have air and move in on the river sometimes, and still have a checking range to protect that.

That said, if you are certain he will not, then of course your decision makes sense. Given that you don't beat his best hands, everything rests on this assumption you made.

However, remember you can't create his mistakes when you don't allow them to happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file