Passive Limp-fest 1-2 Live

Michael EMichael E Red Chipper Posts: 122 ✭✭
I don't know..
Thought I was being cute in this ultra passive Limp Fest.
That and playing with Share My Pair.

Thoughts on the Hand?

Button with $22 was just awful.

http://mysmp.me/h_lL9

Comments

• jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there's a way to get this hand to "play", I can't find it.
  • Michael EMichael E Red Chipper Posts: 122 ✭✭
    jeffnc wrote: »
    If there's a way to get this hand to "play", I can't find it.

Just hit on the screen I think...
    Let me close it out and re-open.
    Click on the screen....then there will be a play ICON.
  • Steve JonesSteve Jones Red Chipper Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Pretty standard hand. I think you need to bet more like 20-25 on the flop though. It wouldnt have changed this hand, but in the future, with so many passive fish and bottom 2, 1/2 pot seems like the bet here. If you have history on any people in the hand and know they pay off big bets light, then I would go 3/4 pot on flop here. I may also mix in a check raise about 20% of the time on this flop depending on game conditions, if there is anyone paying attention, it protects my checking oop hands in the future.
    Oh I see. I already tried that, but all I saw was some poker quote. It just takes a long time to load I guess.
    Isn't betting $7 into $50 a bit silly? Even in a limp fest I'm not playing 43s UTG. As you saw, you had to put 10% of the effective stacks in against one villain, and 33% of effective stacks against the other. This is a horrible result.

I think it was Tommy Angelo who said position is like oxygen. You don't have to understand how respiration works in the body to know that breathing is good for you.

The button was going to shove for $15....
    So I bet $7 trying to get all the dead money in their calling, with the intent of bombing it when the action opened back up. It worked until the Flush draw called....think he ended up with the right price.
    Good ole case of TPS or an okay play?
    I don't know how you could know that, but OK.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,140 -
    Just because a game is loose passive doesn't mean a baby soocon suddenly becomes playable from UTG.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • pokerdj4pokerdj4 NYRed Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    This hand is to weak to play. By limping we are playing the exact same passive loose game as all the other players essentially "slots poker". If you are not going to fold this pre, you need to raise. You should be raising most hands you play in this game and to a pretty big size since it is loose, look to c bet on the flop, and take the pot down there. If called, you can usually expect to be behind as loose passive players do not like to continue unless they have big hands. So bet larger on the flop, if called, you can check turn and river and hope your hand holds up.
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    Michael E wrote: »
    Isn't betting $7 into $50 a bit silly? Even in a limp fest I'm not playing 43s UTG. As you saw, you had to put 10% of the effective stacks in against one villain, and 33% of effective stacks against the other. This is a horrible result.

I think it was Tommy Angelo who said position is like oxygen. You don't have to understand how respiration works in the body to know that breathing is good for you.

The button was going to shove for $15....
    So I bet $7 trying to get all the dead money in their calling, with the intent of bombing it when the action opened back up. It worked until the Flush draw called....think he ended up with the right price.
    Good ole case of TPS or an okay play?

Even if we accept this as a fact that button is 100% going to do this, your raise still gives the right odds to continue with a flush draw to that V.

He needed to go all in to win $168 by my count (annoying that Share my pair does not update pot size with each bet haha). So 61 to win 168, by my math he needs ~27% equity to continue. He has it.

But if you're going to play this UTG, raise.
    Michael E wrote: »

Even if we accept this as a fact that button is 100% going to do this, your raise still gives the right odds to continue with a flush draw to that V.

He needed to go all in to win $168 by my count (annoying that Share my pair does not update pot size with each bet haha). So 61 to win 168, by my math he needs ~27% equity to continue. He has it.

But if you're going to play this UTG, raise.

100% correct. I did the math too. I almost got away with it too :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file