Kind of Embarrassing(Especially for my First Post)

dukeroyaldukeroyal Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Online Poker Hands
So this was a not so good hand of mine.

The main question I have been discussing (with my Dad actually) is when in a situation like this post-flop if they bet and you put them on :Ah :Qh would you raise to charge more for them to see out their draw or just call to control the size of the pot in the event of them hitting the flush?

Other than that you can let me know how bad my call was. Still working on things. Anything else you notice let me have it. Including some critiques of my post and how I can make it better in the future.

Thanks!

partypoker - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (CO): 100 BB
BTN: 334.24 BB (VPIP: 24.55, PFR: 15.37, 3Bet Preflop: 6.56, Hands: 3,877)

SB: 109.4 BB (VPIP: 28.39, PFR: 17.81, 3Bet Preflop: 7.59, Hands: 3,218)
BB: 108.92 BB (VPIP: 29.27, PFR: 16.74, 3Bet Preflop: 6.36, Hands: 4,042)
UTG: 92.8 BB (VPIP: 29.69, PFR: 16.51, 3Bet Preflop: 5.97, Hands: 3,931)
MP: 68.08 BB (VPIP: 27.16, PFR: 16.24, 3Bet Preflop: 5.09, Hands: 3,758)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K :diamond: A :spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) K :heart: Q :diamond: 3 :heart:
Hero checks, BTN bets 3.52 BB, Hero raises to 7.04 BB, BTN raises to 331.24 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 89.96 BB and is all-in

Turn: (201.4 BB, 2 players) 3 :club:

River: (201.4 BB, 2 players) 4 :spade:

Hero shows K :diamond: A :spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Threes)
(Pre 43%, Flop 3%, Turn 5%)
BTN shows Q :spade: Q :heart: (Full House, Queens full of Threes)
(Pre 57%, Flop 97%, Turn 95%)
BTN wins 234.24 BB
BTN wins 191.36 BB

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭
    First because more crucial: when V 3bet-shoves 327BB over the top, it's a super easy fold. "Don't pay them off" !
    Your calling range shall be QQ and KK only because V rep only sets.

Now about the x/r: IMHO going for the c-r is not the best idea, because BU isn't the most aggro player, so you're not sure he will stab light. Also I'm not sure we want to use AK to c-r because KQ is already ahead and KJ may have hard time to continue. I'd prefer using sets for that and just c-bet TPTK for value against worst made hands and draws.
    When you decide to c-r, don't min check-raise: you don't deny any equity as you lay such a good price for any stab to call you. You want to raise bigger and make it difficult for V to call with :HEART: FD, OESD, etc. Don't price them in !
  • pokerdj4pokerdj4 NYRed Chipper Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I like the c/r. Just not how you pulled it off. It needs to be larger so that if the BTN calls with a draw, he isn’t getting the correct odds and thus makes a mistake by calling. Lets imagine for a second BTN has a draw, JT of hearts, probably the best draw on this board. BTN is not getting priced out to call your raise because it is to small he would have the correct odds to call and hope to hit his hand. Say he does call with his draw. We must evaluate the turn and river likely check, calling his bets (which we would hope to be his draws bluffing) unless a heart A or 9 falls.
    His all in shove should tell you he has a minimum of twopair+. I know it’s tough to lay AKo down here, but you must unless V is a complete aggro whale. If btn has given you no reason to believe he is playing out of line, this is an easy fold.
    I’m curious as to why you put them on AQs when they shove over your raise?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file