Utg calls

Hero MP1 raise to $25 w/ QcQs

Villain calls, Utg calls

Flop: 9s6s8c

Utg check, Hero raise to $50, villain calls, utg folds

Turn: Qd

Hero raises $200, Villain calls

River: 7s

Hero checks, Villain bets $200, Hero folds.

A bad run out led to a bad fold, Villain is a 2/5 player, extremely aggro playing 80% of hands, straddling every orbit, my image is a TAG, I never limp in an open pot PF. I later discovered Villain had 96o. Is this a bad fold in the long run? What could I have done better?

Comments

• Steve JonesSteve Jones Red Chipper Posts: 95 ✭✭
    What are the stack sizes please?
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 127 ✭✭
    What are the stack sizes please?

Sorry forgot to mention, villain and I are more or less even @700, Utg @300
    So on river there is $575 in the pot and you have to call 200 to win 775? I think I am calling here every time with top set. Not too sure villain calls 200 on turn with 175 in the pot with just a flush draw. He prolly already has a made hand here. I would discount flushes in his range on river.

Next time dont post results tough to analyze hand while already knowing what happened.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,797 -
    $25 pre with a $10 straddle on is basically demanding that the button calls.
    Moderation In Moderation
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    $25 pre with a $10 straddle on is basically demanding that the button calls.

Ok so that being said whats the correct line to take here? I honestly wanted the button to call because I knew he'd be calling marginal but then the low one card straight possibility came and I didnt know what to do after he called the $200 raise.
    So on river there is $575 in the pot and you have to call 200 to win 775? I think I am calling here every time with top set. Not too sure villain calls 200 on turn with 175 in the pot with just a flush draw. He prolly already has a made hand here. I would discount flushes in his range on river.

Next time dont post results tough to analyze hand while already knowing what happened.

This is true but everytime I hit top set in such a wet board 9 times out of 10 i end up dominated and I didnt have him on a flush to be honest the way the hand played and my knowledge of the player had me assuming he hit a middle pair and straight draw on the flop and the river came making me believe he straightened out. I shouldve played for pot odds though youre right.
    edited December 2018
    I have not put his range in a range finder or pokerstove, so I am not sure, but I think you have the correct equity to call here. I am guessing you are ahead of like 60% of his range here.

Looking back at the hand, I think I like a bet of about 75 to 90ish on the turn tho.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Rewind the hand to pre and realize you incentivized the widest possible range to arrive here, meaning you are demonstrably ahead enough to call versus the spread of actions those combos must now have, and 2) you checked river which incentivizes bets.

Use this hand gratefully to realize your poker logic needs an upgrade, not that the field always has it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file