57s vs 3bet ip

CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 113 ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Live Poker Hands
Home game. Usually a tournament but everyone wanted to play cash so a .50/$1 cash game. 8 players.
Lots of history with the villain. He likes to check raise with marginal made hands. Tends to bet big from oop with marginal holdings, gets trappy with strong hands and likes to bluff the river. Ive picked of 4 of his river bluffs this evening and it appears that his adjustment was to start 3 betting. This was his 6th 3bet in 25 hands. He has also been stacked 3 times and on his fourth buy in. Ive seen him table 3 of his 3bets so far, QQ, K7o and A8s. I havent seen him 3bet ip at all.
Lots of players are away from the table so currently the table is 3 handed.
Hero stack, $315
Villain $210
Hero on BTN with :5h :7h
Hero bets $3
SB raises to $13
BB folds
Hero contemplates 4betting as a bluff but Villain rarely folds pre if hes put money in the pot. Hero decides to call. Heros 3bet calling range 77-TT or JJ, 45s+, 57s+, AJs+
Villains perceived 3bet range, JJ+, AJo+, A2s+, KQs, Some random air like K6.
Hero calls
Thoughts on 3bet call range here? This is the crux of this hand for me as Ive been trying to construct a 3bet call range.

Pot $17
Flop :8h :9h :Jd
Excellent flop for my range but I dont think villain is thinking about ranges too much. Im not concerned about anything other than :Ah :Xh
Villain bets $15
Best play for hero??
I consider raising/jamming with the huge equity on this board. I decide to call and keep his range wide. I think this is a mistake. If I miss the turn im in a big pot with with a very aggressive opponent. I think I have to bet or raise any turn given my flop decision. Thoughts?
Pot $47
Turn :6s
Bingo for me
Villain checks to me
Hero bets $50. If villain has any piece of this board or an overpair Id expect to get check raised.
Villain c/r all in
Hero calls

After typing this, after the flop it all seems kinda standard against an aggro loose villain.

Comments

• pokerdj4pokerdj4 NYRed Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    I think it's a fine call pre. I'd tend to be more linear with a loose aggro player, hope to hit tp tk and it seems like he is stacking off pretty light but 57s can't be 4 bet he'd call and more likely than not we'd be in a really uncomfortable spot on the flop.

Flop call is good because if we do hit our hand, especially the straight, we can likely expect to get paid off by flush draws, over pairs, sets, top pairs and straight draws. I'd also add tens to his hands of hands we should be worried about but hitting our straight on the turn, the only thing that beats us now is QT and how many combos of that can he hold? Likely only 1, the QT of hearts.
  • Robert MRobert M Red Chipper Posts: 22 ✭✭
    pokerdj4 wrote: »
    I think it's a fine call pre. I'd tend to be more linear with a loose aggro player, hope to hit tp tk and it seems like he is stacking off pretty light but 57s can't be 4 bet he'd call and more likely than not we'd be in a really uncomfortable spot on the flop.

Flop call is good because if we do hit our hand, especially the straight, we can likely expect to get paid off by flush draws, over pairs, sets, top pairs and straight draws. I'd also add tens to his hands of hands we should be worried about but hitting our straight on the turn, the only thing that beats us now is QT and how many combos of that can he hold? Likely only 1, the QT of hearts.

While I agree with most of what you said, Why do you only have the one combo of QT? If he is going to 3-bet QT of hearts, hes going to 3-bet the other 3 suited combos too. OP also mentioned that earlier in the session, this player 3-bet K7o. Why not Q10o? I think you can include at least 4, if not all 16 combos of QT in villian’s range, given hero’s read.
  • pokerdj4pokerdj4 NYRed Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Robert M wrote: »
    pokerdj4 wrote: »

While I agree with most of what you said, Why do you only have the one combo of QT? If he is going to 3-bet QT of hearts, hes going to 3-bet the other 3 suited combos too. OP also mentioned that earlier in the session, this player 3-bet K7o. Why not Q10o? I think you can include at least 4, if not all 16 combos of QT in villian’s range, given hero’s read.

Good point. I think my incomplete thought process was if he has other combos of QT they are not as bad as if he had the QThh as we would have more equity against his other QT combos.
  • CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Robert M wrote: »

Great point. I think that all QT combos could definitely be in there.
    Still, I dont think hes taking this line with a flopped straight.
    My only reasoning for that is that I dont think hes thinking about how others perceive his lines.
    Hes not thinking "Id cbet into this 3bet pot on the flop with air, draws and mid pairs so I need to cbet it with my strongest hands as well"
    My sense is if he had nuts on the flop, he'd attempt to trap me there with a c/r regardless of what QT combo he held.

When villain c/r turn, which I was expecting/attempting to induce, I have to call, correct?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file